+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going through depression right now

Tunmmylove

Jan 17, 2019
I came to Canada as a refugee in January 2017 with husband and daughter but I’m now divorced and child is in my husband custody due to my health issues then. Although, we haven’t gone for our hearing but my husband is now married to a Canadian few months ago. I received a letter of removal and was told to come for an interview in 10 days. I’m going through depression right now. Plss help!!!!

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I came to Canada as a refugee in January 2017 with husband and daughter but I’m now divorced and child is in my husband custody due to my health issues then. Although, we haven’t gone for our hearing but my husband is now married to a Canadian few months ago. I received a letter of removal and was told to come for an interview in 10 days. I’m going through depression right now. Plss help!!!!
You did not have hearing.
How come do you have removal order?
Do you have a lawyer?

Tunmmylove

Jan 17, 2019
You did not have hearing.
How come do you have removal order?
Do you have a lawyer?
My previous lawyer had issue and her license was spended since last year. And we got another lawyer, the lawyer told my ex husband that we were sent a letter to come for hearing since last year but we didn’t show up. Meanwhile, the letter was sent to the shelter we used to live in downtown. I went back to our immediately I got the letter yesterday but he told me he couldn’t handle my case cos he’s already turned to my ex husband and his new wife’s lawyer. Now I just got a new lawyer. I’m going through depression right now

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Why have you a removal order then? Are you saying you didn't go for the hearing for your refugee case, thats why?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. But I didn’t receive the hearing letter that’s why. Help me pls, I don’t want to go back to my country.
You should really be working with an excellent lawyer at this point.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Horrible situation. Take a lawyer soon and maybe he can do something to stop this removal order. If you are seeing a doctor ask him to refer you for a psychologist.It will cover if you have health insuranc. Do you have a social worker ?Listen don’t loose strength ok ? Your lawyer can help you out definitely.you are from which province ? Post update. God bless you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If it's any consolation:
Your husband's application for PR (he has probably applied for spousal PR already) will be scrutinized very closely as his marriage to the new wife would seem like a marriage of convenience. He married her shortly after divorcing you.

Do talk to a good lawyer. Or maybe you should seek second/third legal opinion just to be sure.

Stay strong. Don't lose hope. There's always light at the end of the tunnel no matter how dark or long the tunnel is

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Horrible situation. Take a lawyer soon and maybe he can do something to stop this removal order. If you are seeing a doctor ask him to refer you for a psychologist.It will cover if you have health insuranc. Do you have a social worker ?Listen don’t loose strength ok ? Your lawyer can help you out definitely.you are from which province ? Post update. God bless you.
Psychologists are usually not covered by provincial health insurance but there does seem to be limited coverage for asylum seekers but not sure how easy they are to access.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Psychologists are usually not covered by provincial health insurance but there does seem to be limited coverage for asylum seekers but not sure how easy they are to access.
I know one family they are refugee claiment . They have been taking this service since they arrived . I don’t know how they received it but when I asked they told their doctor referred them. So I thought she might get one. Why not give a try. This might help her. I know how it feels when you loose your child custody plus your immigration situation is not suitable. I hope she will find a way.plus social workers are working for Physcho social. It’s a limited service I think 12 seasons provided to the person who needs it. Any of them would be great help for her right now besides the lawyer.if she is from Quebec , she will have a easy to accès to this through CLSC and praida.