+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GNDU (Guru Nanak Dev University) ECA WES query

RKhilery

Aug 22, 2020
Hi, I have an MBE (Masters of Business Economics) Degree from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (India). Therefore for ECA, Is my degree recognized by WES or IQES as Masters degree or not?

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi, I have an MBE (Masters of Business Economics) Degree from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (India). Therefore for ECA, Is my degree recognized by WES or IQES as Masters degree or not?
What is your bachelors degree ? Check with IQAS, As far as I know if your master is of 2 years following 4 years bachelors its masters equivalent. But if you have done MBA after 3 years Bachelors its considered as Masters. So it all depends on what how long was your bachelors study.

RKhilery

Aug 22, 2020
What is your bachelors degree ? Check with IQAS, As far as I know if your master is of 2 years following 4 years bachelors its masters equivalent. But if you have done MBA after 3 years Bachelors its considered as Masters. So it all depends on what how long was your bachelors study.
I have done my 3 years of 'Bachelors of English Honours' and then I have done 2 years Masters of Business Economics (MBE).
1. Would my Masters be considered as Masters or just Diploma?
2. While ECA process should I get my both degrees assessed or Just Masters degree assessment will do?
3. Which assessing institution should I choose, WES or IQES or ICES?

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I have done my 3 years of 'Bachelors of English Honours' and then I have done 2 years Masters of Business Economics (MBE).
1. Would my Masters be considered as Masters or just Diploma?
2. While ECA process should I get my both degrees assessed or Just Masters degree assessment will do?
3. Which assessing institution should I choose, WES or IQES or ICES?
Hmm not too sure if you will be given masters equivalency but still don't go with WES they will surely give you diploma equivalency. If I was in your position I would it a try with IQAS. Get both your degrees evaluated as its not certain as to what equivalency your masters will get so its better to send both.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx#toc-5. use this link to check what equivalency you will get.

Last edited:

RKhilery

Aug 22, 2020
Hmm not too sure if you will be given masters equivalency but still don't go with WES they will surely give you diploma equivalency. If I was in your position I would it a try with IQAS. Get both your degrees evaluated as its not certain as to what equivalency your masters will get so its better to send both.

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx#toc-5. use this link to check what equivalency you will get.
Thank you that was really helpful :)

avtarnoor

Aug 28, 2020
Hi,
please reply it,i uploaded the documents on GNDU Portal & status has been changed in under process 17-SEP-2020 10.01 AM up to now.
how many days are required. have any idea

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
please reply it,i uploaded the documents on GNDU Portal & status has been changed in under process 17-SEP-2020 10.01 AM up to now.
how many days are required. have any idea
They take around 23-25 days to dispatch the documents.

avtarnoor

Aug 28, 2020
They take around 23-25 days to dispatch the documents.
Hi,
Well Noted..

Today GNDU Transcript application status is changed & updated documents are dispatched to WES.So now how many days required to completation of ECA report. I got the confirmation from GNDU as well as WES.
please reply

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi,
Well Noted..

Today GNDU Transcript application status is changed & updated documents are dispatched to WES.So now how many days required to completation of ECA report. I got the confirmation from GNDU as well as WES.
please reply
Hi, Once the documents are received by WES (assuming its sent by post) I think it will take around 5-6 weeks to get your report.

avtarnoor

Aug 28, 2020
Hi, Once the documents are received by WES (assuming its sent by post) I think it will take around 5-6 weeks to get your report.
Today I called to GNDU regarding the status of my document send by WES & please provide the courier tracking ID.
GNDU replied we can send only electronic mail not any document send to WES.
Please reply

Reactions: kiranbeant

TAZ-24

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Today I called to GNDU regarding the status of my document send by WES & please provide the courier tracking ID.
Please reply
Do check with WES, They have an email ID on which University can send documents directly. Give that Email ID to GNDU and they will mail your transcripts along with your WES reference number.

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Please reply
Yes , GNDU send email to WES . They mailed my documents to WES on 29 September and status changed on 1 oct in progress. Yesterday I got WES report PDF . Got Post graduate diploma .

avtarnoor

Aug 28, 2020
Yes , GNDU send email to WES . They mailed my documents to WES on 29 September and status changed on 1 oct in progress. Yesterday I got WES report PDF . Got Post graduate diploma .
So Mr. Kiran in my Cause has the same situation. From GNDU digital copy of my document transcript sent to WES 07-10-2020 & WES status shown in under process.
So now please suggest what I can do now. just wait for evaluation or anything

I have one more question, my education from two different universities. One GNDU & 2nd Punjab State board of technical & industrial training Chandigarh.
GNDU report sent to WES But today Punjab State board university has sent the courier to WES. But not update in WES Portal . So now my question can be Possible WES team consider my document for evaluation which is sent Punjab board by courier.

Reactions: kiranbeant

kiranbeant

Aug 11, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
So Mr. Kiran in my Cause has the same situation. From GNDU digital copy of my document transcript sent to WES 07-10-2020 & WES status shown in under process.
So now please suggest what I can do now. just wait for evaluation or anything

I have one more question, my education from two different universities. One GNDU & 2nd Punjab State board of technical & industrial training Chandigarh.
GNDU report sent to WES But today Punjab State board university has sent the courier to WES. But not update in WES Portal . So now my question can be Possible WES team consider my document for evaluation which is sent Punjab board by courier.
if GNDU sent your documents to WES , WES Received it same day , they might be wait for your second university documents. Confirm from your Second University whether they courier or not . They could provide you tracking details. You can msg me in inbox as well.

avtarnoor

Aug 28, 2020
if GNDU sent your documents to WES , WES Received it same day , they might be wait for your second university documents. Confirm from your Second University whether they courier or not . They could provide you tracking details. You can msg me in inbox as well.
2nd university today document sent to WES by Courier. Provide tracking number tomorrow itself