+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global talent stream work permit from USA

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
I finally received the Approved LMIA under GTS from my prospective employer in BC. It took 2 weeks.
I had proactively started working on my Visa in parallel. Was able to submit the application today, hoping the two week cycle will hold true!!!

I have a question regarding form 1295e.
In the Background Info section Question (2C) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? I selected Yes and mentioned: PR Express Entry Application - App #E00XXXXXXX.
This is an active PR application but since I do not meet the points criteria it's just sitting there. Was there anything else I was supposed to mention?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
@samy34178 have you received any update on your work permit application? I am hitting two weeks mark on Jan 18th. Not sure whether they are really going to do this in two weeks as stated on CIC website. Fingers crossed.

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey I applied my work permit on Jan 4th and have received a request to provide biometrics at near by ASC. I went to ASC and gave my biometrics today. My application is updated with biometric information. Fingers crossed for approval. @priyanka1607 and @samy34178 any updates on your applications today?
I applied on Friday 1/11, got a request for Biometrics on Saturday 1/12. Just finished with Biometrics and my profile reflects that.

Reactions: canadafanfromusa

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Quick question - my profile shows my biometric date but my wifes (visitor Visa) does not. We both did the biometrics the same day, should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
I got an update today on my application. It exactly took 2 weeks as they stated on CIC website. I am sending my passport to VFS office in LA for visa stamping. Should be good to go to Canada in next 1-2 weeks. All the best everyone.

Reactions: siddharth1101
Jan 7, 2019
Quick question - my profile shows my biometric date but my wifes (visitor Visa) does not. We both did the biometrics the same day, should I be concerned?
I would raise a help line ticket just in case. Also try calling the biometric center where you provided biometrics. Did CIC give you two different letters for attending biometrics for you and your wife?

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
I would raise a help line ticket just in case. Also try calling the biometric center where you provided biometrics. Did CIC give you two different letters for attending biometrics for you and your wife?
Her profile got updated the next day...phew!

Did you send your passport? Did you receive the stamping?

I sent mine on Friday

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hey @canadafanfromusa, quick question. do you know the process (documents) of moving goods from US to Canada. I have looked at upak - relocubes and it seems to be the best option. BUt not sure what the process is, any advise?

CanadaVisa45

Feb 1, 2019
My Employer applied for global talent stream NOC2174 on JAN14th, I haven't received any update and even My employer didn't get any interview call..Any similar case or whats the best way to make application move ? any suggestions guys ?