+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global talent stream work permit from USA

samy34178

Nov 28, 2018
@scylla - I m sorry, I didn't receive any answers from others, I saw you were responding to actively in other threads, thought you may be able to answer my queries.

Is it ok to apply for work permit when I already have an express entry profile ( just created 6 months back but not been invited) ?

siddharth1101

Star Member
May 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello All,

sorry to break the chain of messages but I feel this is the right thread for my questions.

My employer applied for a GTS LMIA last week and I hope to receive a positive response soon. I have already started working on the visa application and have a few questions/comments related to the process;

1. I live in the US and therefor exempt from the medical tests, have not traveled in the last year. Can someone confirm?
2. Applying for my wife under the open work permit?
3. My daughter is a US citizen and based on my answers, the application says that I do not need a visa for her, can someone confirm?
4. As soon as I receive the GTS LMIA and link it to my visa application, is it correct to assume that the visa will also be expedited i.e. in 2 weeks?
5a. Assuming all goes well, I want to ship my Car from California to BC, Can someone help with the process? I see conflicting info all over.
5b. How do I ship all my belongings, am I allowed to import my belongings tax free similar to the PR applicants? Can someone help with the process?

samy34178

Nov 28, 2018
@priyanka1607 - no updates, when I called 2 weeks back, they said it is with canadian processing center and it has not been taken for processing yet.

Did you call them lately ?

priyanka1607

Dec 12, 2018
@samy34178 I got the same response that they have not started reviewing the application yet, which is the same information as shown online.
Also, that my application has gone to the Edmonton office in Canada.
Seriously how is this 2 week processing !

samy34178

Nov 28, 2018
@priyanka1607 - I even raised a ticket and again no response. i guess for applications processed in canadian centers it will take more than 2 months. By the way, did you apply from canada or moved to canada after applying the work permit?

samy34178

Nov 28, 2018
@priyanka1607 - Did you had Visitor visa prior ? or got it after applying for work permit ?
And PR Express entry , does not need your work permit right , you can apply as long as you have LMIA or exemption right ?

priyanka1607

Dec 12, 2018
@samy34178 I got the visitor visa much prior to submitting the work permit application.
I know I can apply for the PR now, but I am waiting as I do not want conflicting country of residence in my work permit and PR application.

Jan 7, 2019
Hey I applied my work permit on Jan 4th and have received a request to provide biometrics at near by ASC. I went to ASC and gave my biometrics today. My application is updated with biometric information. Fingers crossed for approval. @priyanka1607 and @samy34178 any updates on your applications today?