+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GLOBAL TALENT STREAM LMIA

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

I recently got a job offer and my Employer already applied for Global Talent Stream LMIA 10 working days.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.
I HAVE A GLOBAL TALENT STREAM (GTS) LMIA, DO I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ELSE TO GET TWO-WEEK PROCESSING?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1382&top=17
Many of our visa offices abroad have specific instructions that the worker needs to follow. Check the local visa office requirements to make sure the worker includes all required documents with their application.

This is an embed external element. It can be deleted using the delete key or the backspace key. To view the full element, press the preview button below.
PRIORITY PROCESSING (14 DAYS) OF WORK PERMITS UNDER THE GLOBAL SKILLS STRATEGY - CANADA.CA
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/two-week-processing.html#esdc
Two-week processing for global skills

When i am using online tool, I am only getting this option Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit). I already have a visitor visa.

There is a question "select 'a work permit with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)' when asked what type of work permit you are applying for" in above links but i don't see this question in my case. I think it is not the right application.

I have created an application for Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required + no work permit).

I don't see any work permit form in required document list.

Could anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Alafiakin

Aug 19, 2019
Hello,

Just to find out was your application process within the 2 weeks processing time? I am also applying through the Global Skills Strategy program. Thank u.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hello,

Just to find out was your application process within the 2 weeks processing time? I am also applying through the Global Skills Strategy program. Thank u.
I got my LMIA yesterday so i have applied under the Global Talent Stream. It says it will take two weeks to process so let's see.

Reactions: juned khan

Alafiakin

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,
Have you received your work permit visa yet? Did you get the two week processing time? I am still waiting for my work permit visa and its now 5th week for me after my online submission.

tesla_models

Aug 24, 2019
Hi,
Have you received your work permit visa yet? Did you get the two week processing time? I am still waiting for my work permit visa and its now 5th week for me after my online submission.
Where are you applying from? I am applying from USA. GTS case. 6th week still waiting. 2-week processing is bullshit.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
I got my positive LMIA with in 2 weeks. I applied for work permit online and got my visa with in a week. I already have my medical and police certificate before i applied. I submit my passport and got my passport back in 5 days.
In order to get 2 week processing time you must have to apply online and you have to answer "YES" when asked if your employers LMIA was issued under the “Global Talent Stream”

Follow this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1382&top=17

I applied from Ireland.

Last edited:

Mukul91

Nov 19, 2019
I got my positive LMIA with in 2 weeks. I applied for work permit online and got my visa with in a week. I already have my medical and police certificate before i applied. I submit my passport and got my passport back in 5 days.
In order to get 2 week processing time you must have to apply online and you have to answer "YES" when asked if your employers LMIA was issued under the “Global Talent Stream”

Follow this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1382&top=17

I applied from Ireland.
Hello Yasir,

Can you share your timeline?
My application was filed by lawyer in Toronto on 14th Nov. I gave Biometrics on 18th Nov. Now waiting for a decision (PPR).
It was under 2 week processing category. ICT.

Many thanks in advance.

g.hussain.dev

Dec 2, 2019
Hello Yasir,

Can you share your timeline?
My application was filed by lawyer in Toronto on 14th Nov. I gave Biometrics on 18th Nov. Now waiting for a decision (PPR).
It was under 2 week processing category. ICT.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi @Mukul91, did you get any response back? I'm in the same situation.