+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Global Skills Strategy: two week processing

John Elaine

May 23, 2017
There appears to be a Global Skills Strategy (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/2-week.asp) which was introduced starting from June 12, 2017. This stream provides two week processing for work permit applications.

I submitted my application about 4 weeks ago from USA and I still haven't received it. I am certain that my application qualifies for this stream; however, there is no indicator/status on my submitted application saying anything about the Global Skills Strategy.

Furthermore, there is no way to find out anything about my application. I submitted a query through the webform and their reply simply said that I should use the webform to query about the Global Skills Strategy program -- which is what I did in the first place.

So is this Global Sills Stream really effective? Or do I have to wait for 15 weeks (i.e., ETA for regular work visa applications from USA) to get my work permit?

vikramvv

Aug 30, 2017
any updates on your visa? did you file for an intra company transfer? same case for me...my visa status is still under considerations....its been 3 weeks

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
There appears to be a Global Skills Strategy (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/2-week.asp) which was introduced starting from June 12, 2017. This stream provides two week processing for work permit applications.

I submitted my application about 4 weeks ago from USA and I still haven't received it. I am certain that my application qualifies for this stream; however, there is no indicator/status on my submitted application saying anything about the Global Skills Strategy.

Furthermore, there is no way to find out anything about my application. I submitted a query through the webform and their reply simply said that I should use the webform to query about the Global Skills Strategy program -- which is what I did in the first place.

So is this Global Sills Stream really effective? Or do I have to wait for 15 weeks (i.e., ETA for regular work visa applications from USA) to get my work permit?

I read about it too and planning to apply through it as I qualify,,, apparently its yet to be implemented, is there a way to email CIC to inquire from them?

frasts

Aug 23, 2017

Hi,
I think we have the same problem, see some discussion here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/postdoctoral-fellowship-lmia-exempt-working-permit.513661/page-2
It doesn't state anywhere in the application where I can select the two weeks strategy, so I wonder if it's 'implied' given my qualifications (I checked and I qualify) that they will process faster without having to do anything additional.
The embassy after a lot of back and forth did not know the answer and directed me to the webform, which only works for queries AFTER you submit the application so...

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
Any news on this?
Canadian embassy in my country and university had no idea about it.
I'm about to submit my application ...

vikramvv

Aug 30, 2017

John- Did you hear on your visa?

frasts

Aug 23, 2017
So finally the embassy replied after more back and forth about the global skills strategy:

'Please apply for a work permit with LMIA exemption and we will try to process it on time.'

I'll just submit my application and if I don't hear in two weeks I'll then use the webform to contact them.

maddy0607

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Hi i have applied August 14th work permit with LMIA exemption but still am waiting status.

applied ICT from india new delhi,

Did anyone got any update in this Timeline

duffy reddy

Sep 30, 2017
AOR Received.
29_march_18
Passport Req..
11_may_18
VISA ISSUED...
15 may 18
LANDED..........
25 JUNE
Hi i have applied August 14th work permit with LMIA exemption but still am waiting status.

applied ICT from india new delhi,

Did anyone got any update in this Timeline
August 21st Bangalore......paper base work permit application
No update till today....19th oct 2017
lmia exempted............
Medical upfront....