+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC-Study permit applying from the USA

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
Indian passport holder applying for a Canadian study permit from the USA. Is GIC required/mandatory? Does it any way affect chances of visa approval? Please help!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, a GIC is not mandatory. If you have plenty of money and a strong financial profile, you can apply without the GIC.

kvn1994

Sep 21, 2020
Indian passport holder applying for a Canadian study permit from the USA. Is GIC required/mandatory? Does it any way affect chances of visa approval? Please help!
Hi, i have the same question. I need your advice. Looks like you are already done with this process. thanks in advance

sophia55555

Dec 29, 2019
Hey! I did not secured GIC, just used the bank statements and I was able to secure study permit!
Hey can you please advise what all documents did you submit with your application. Did you do upfront medical? Also are you also Indian on F1 visa in the US? Please advise really need help!!!

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
Hey can you please advise what all documents did you submit with your application. Did you do upfront medical? Also are you also Indian on F1 visa in the US? Please advise really need help!!!
Hi, I only submitted the required documents as listed in the application(of which proof of funds and an Admission letter from the Designated learning institute I felt were most important). I do remember sending an Additional client information letter explaining/providing additional information on items I felt I did not cover in the required documents.

Upfront medical information - at that time no medical was needed if traveling from the USA.
Visa - I was on a dependent H4 visa.

Good Luck!

sophia55555

Dec 29, 2019
Hi, I only submitted the required documents as listed in the application(of which proof of funds and an Admission letter from the Designated learning institute I felt were most important). I do remember sending an Additional client information letter explaining/providing additional information on items I felt I did not cover in the required documents.

Upfront medical information - at that time no medical was needed if traveling from the USA.

Good Luck!
Thanks.

mmespedillon

Oct 13, 2020

Good Luck!
Hi I am on the same situation currently. I am currently here in USA with H4 dependent visa and I wanted to study in Canada. I have few questions and hopefully you wouldn't mind to answer.

In the form that needs to be filled up, did you put USA as current residence (Question 7) and applying from (question 8)?
How did you mention in SOP that you wanted to study in Canada instead of US which is the same quality of education?
Did you also mention that you're going to return to your country of citizenship or in US?

Thank you so much!

Queen2019

May 15, 2019
Hi I am on the same situation currently. I am currently here in USA with H4 dependent visa and I wanted to study in Canada. I have few questions and hopefully you wouldn't mind to answer.

In the form that needs to be filled up, did you put USA as current residence (Question 7) and applying from (question 8)?
How did you mention in SOP that you wanted to study in Canada instead of US which is the same quality of education?
Did you also mention that you're going to return to your country of citizenship or in US?

Thank you so much!
1) I answered for both questions 7,8 - USA.
2) I did not compare the education in the SOP. I highly recommend highlighting the test scores GMAT,GRE if you have to increase the selection prospects.
3) Return to country of citizenship.

mmespedillon

Oct 13, 2020
1) I answered for both questions 7,8 - USA.
2) I did not compare the education in the SOP. I highly recommend highlighting the test scores GMAT,GRE if you have to increase the selection prospects.
3) Return to country of citizenship.
Actually, I am only taking up post degree diploma in Langara College. It doesn't require Gmat but maybe I can indicate its one of the advantage. Thank you for your response! :)

Did you apply for your spouse along with your SP application?