+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC REJECTED REFUNDS RELATED

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Anybody familiar with ICICI bank? I am trying to wire them the money, but I recently got a notification saying I have some discrepancy in my application, which I can't see for some UI is disabled.

Do you know when they reject the transfer, do they get to keep that $150 processing fee? I have a different address in my passport compared to my current address, I believe this is will pose a problem.

Ankit Garhiya

Sep 27, 2019
it will take more time. still i haven't received the refund which was rejected on 19/05/2018. i have pay the gic again and got the certificate after 4 days.
so if you are planning for September intake i recommend that don"t waste time for waiting refund, pay it again and proceed for visa.
Hi bro after how many days you recieve your refund...my gic was rejected on 30/09/19 haven’t received them yet

aryansood89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Toronto
LANDED..........
12-12-2019
I advise you all to go for CIBC as it's much faster and there's no chance is being rejected as it uses RTGS rather than wire transfer..so u get gic within 48 Hours of transferring money also they don't charge any program fee..
If anyone makes up their mind you can use my email aryansood89@gmail.com as referral to get 25 cad bonus in your gic account..
You can DM me if you have any doubts or want to know the process in detail

Jan 9, 2019
Hey guys i am in serious trouble right now. I want to know that Scotiabank gives a Swift copy after gic money refund in my local bank account in india. because Scotiabank already sent me a confirmation mail that refund process is completed. but till date it's almost 1 and half month and i still didn't get my gic refund , Axis bank asked that you have to show us a Swift copy (transfer process copy ) to get your money transfer in your account.

Ankit Garhiya

Sep 27, 2019
Hey guys i am in serious trouble right now. I want to know that Scotiabank gives a Swift copy after gic money refund in my local bank account in india. because Scotiabank already sent me a confirmation mail that refund process is completed. but till date it's almost 1 and half month and i still didn't get my gic refund , Axis bank asked that you have to show us a Swift copy (transfer process copy ) to get your money transfer in your account.
If you funds were not accepted then there is no swift copy from scotia

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
Hey,
I've paid my GIC on 30/10/2019.
Mistakenly, Bank has put year of birth 1986 instead of 1996 as per the Swift copy.
However, they attached scanned copies of passport and PAN card details along with the funds transfer.
Also, they sent a swift copy amendment request directly to Scotiabank canada.
I also sent the mail regarding this issue to scotiabank with these supporting documents.
Will it could be the reason of my GIC rejection?
If yes, what should i do now?

Jan 4, 2019
As of my knowledge and experience i will prefer to go with CIBC GIC Program Banking for International Students in Canada they provide the best service. You will get the receipt within 2 days after making the payment comparing to scotiabank they takes 8 working days to send you the receipt and they also reject the payment because of silly mistakes. Coming to CIBC they only charge 150 CAD. So u only need to invest 10150 CAD whereas scotia charges 200 CAD ie 10200 CAD.

CIBC also gave referral bonus of 25 CAD to both. If you start gic account with my mail id you and i can earn 25 CAD .If u want u can use mohammed.faisal9744@gmail.com for referral bonus.

Jan 4, 2019
Hey,
I've paid my GIC on 30/10/2019.
Mistakenly, Bank has put year of birth 1986 instead of 1996 as per the Swift copy.
However, they attached scanned copies of passport and PAN card details along with the funds transfer.
Also, they sent a swift copy amendment request directly to Scotiabank canada.
I also sent the mail regarding this issue to scotiabank with these supporting documents.
Will it could be the reason of my GIC rejection?
If yes, what should i do now?
You must call to the customer care number 0008001008747 and tell them the incident and ask them what u need to do next.

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
i transferred my GIC but on 13/07/2018 i got a rejection email from Scotia bank that my application for GIC has been rejected due to mismatch of DOB. Along with this they said that they have returned the funds back to the bank. Today its been around 15 days but the money has not been received by the bank. How many more days i have to wait so could resend?
Hey,
my funds are rejected by Scotiabank due to DOB mismatch.
how much time they take to refund or can I reinitiate after that.
tell me the complete time it'll take to get my gic certificate after that?

Abhi.sharma.1

Nov 2, 2019
Hey, <<<urgent>>>>
my funds are rejected by Scotiabank due to DOB mismatch.
how much time they take to refund (they said till next week)or
can I reinitiate without getting funds into my account after that.
tell me the complete time it'll take to get my gic certificate after that?
I would suggest you NOT to wait for your funds to get back to your account, it will take anywhere from 15 to even 30 days! ,
Here’s what you can do to get your GIC faster: Go to the bank from where you sent the GIC payment, ask them to correct your passport number and revert the payment as soon as they can, don’t tell them to deposit your money back to your account, ask them to make the corrections and revert the payment as soon as they are able to do so, they will charge you about $50 for that but it is way better than waiting for the money to get back to your account and plus, if it comes back to your account and you try to send it again, you will be under the loss of atleast 20-25000 INR.

Nov 8, 2019
hello friends,

i am new members of this group and i anm very confused about my mpnp paper base pr file. i dont know in which stage my file work and where is it NDVO/NOVASCOTIA ?when will i get medical.?

please give me some gide lines

the detail is as below

my aor date : 20august 2019 and linkj this file online
Biometric : 27 august 2019 done
after that when i ckeck the status of my file with GC KEY it shows below information
1) we are reveawing weather you meet the eligibility requirement.
2) we do not need your medical , if we need we send you message
3)we do not need your additional document if we need we send you message
4) we are processing your back ground check and we will send you a message if we need more information
5) we do not need your biometric if we need we send you message
6) your application is in progress

krishna007

Sep 5, 2019
Hi All,

My Spouse Study Permit is approved. But while the study visa application in Progress, I have taken IELTS and got CLB 9 bands and now we are dropping off the plans of studying and we will be going with EE Process.

I have couple of questions in this regard.

1. The process of getting GIC Refund from Scotia bank in case of study permit approval.
2. How to inform CIC about my Spouse's withdrawal from studies.

Thanks in Advance!