+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC REJECTED REFUNDS RELATED

Srinivas96

Oct 23, 2018
Hello ,
I have deposited gic amount on 15-10-2018.Today I received mail from Scotiabank that my wire transfer is rejected due to name mismatch.they said after Rejection amount is not with them,it is with the intermediate bank. Plz tell some solution how to get my money back

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
Hello ,
I have deposited gic amount on 15-10-2018.Today I received mail from Scotiabank that my wire transfer is rejected due to name mismatch.they said after Rejection amount is not with them,it is with the intermediate bank. Plz tell some solution how to get my money back
I have been in the same situation last month. The only solution is to first reply to the last secure mail that you received from scotiabank with the scanned copy of your passport attached and ask them to update the details. The subject line Should be "Scotiabank GIC Program-current Name--Update-<NAME>"

They will update your details in 3-5 working days. after that update your name in your local bank just as in passport . Then GO TO THE BANK MANAGER and NOBODY ELSE and ask him to retain your money in CAD only as you want to revert the money. If the manager says that it cannot be done then complaint email the managing director of the bank. I had to do this and they quickly solved the problem. i did not lose any money as well. Your money will come back to your local bank in about 10 business days. After that you can revert. Good luck

Srinivas96

Oct 23, 2018
same problem address mismatch dis uh get ur refund? rpl asap please
actually my name in passport and scotia bank and in the local bank are same.during wire transfer an error occured and alphabets in my name were jumbled.as soon as error was identified by bank sent them a note in which they corrected my name.when asked scotia ppl for my application status, a executive replied that your transaction is rejected.they have sent the money .but money is not refunded.my bank says that money is with them only...they have not rejected the transction.rejection mail was not from bank official.they just replied to my mail.I think there must be some misunderstanding.

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
actually my name in passport and scotia bank and in the local bank are same.during wire transfer an error occured and alphabets in my name were jumbled.as soon as error was identified by bank sent them a note in which they corrected my name.when asked scotia ppl for my application status, a executive replied that your transaction is rejected.they have sent the money .but money is not refunded.my bank says that money is with them only...they have not rejected the transction.rejection mail was not from bank official.they just replied to my mail.I think there must be some misunderstanding.
do you mean that you did not get a secure mail that your gic has been rejected?
And if your name was jumbled up while sending the wire transfer then it is the responsibility of the local bank and they HAVE TO bear any additional costs. Have you contacted the bank yet. and what do they say.

If money has been rejected by scotia bank then it will take atleast a week before you get it back.

Srinivas96

Oct 23, 2018
do you mean that you did not get a secure mail that your gic has been rejected?
And if your name was jumbled up while sending the wire transfer then it is the responsibility of the local bank and they HAVE TO bear any additional costs. Have you contacted the bank yet. and what do they say.

If money has been rejected by scotia bank then it will take atleast a week before you get it back.
when i contacted the bank they said...scotia has not rejected the money....they considered the correction ....that is why the reason they have not received any message from scotia about the rejection

Nitin121

Sep 29, 2017
india
when i contacted the bank they said...scotia has not rejected the money....they considered the correction ....that is why the reason they have not received any message from scotia about the rejection
I don't think that your local bank will get any message regarding rejected wire transfer. It does never happen.

Have you received a mail from scotiabank about rejection?

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello,
i have transferred gic on 15/05/2018 in bank of nova scotia. on saturday 19/05/2018 i got mail from scotia bank that my wire transfer was not accepted due to address mismatch. i want to know that how much time it would take to get money refund in my account so that i could reapply for the same ?
till date i have not received the refund as on 26/05/2018.
Hi friend after how many days u got ur payment back

Jasssss

Jan 25, 2019
Hello,
i have transferred gic on 15/05/2018 in bank of nova scotia. on saturday 19/05/2018 i got mail from scotia bank that my wire transfer was not accepted due to address mismatch. i want to know that how much time it would take to get money refund in my account so that i could reapply for the same ?
till date i have not received the refund as on 26/05/2018.

Pateldpk

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Can you please help me with this. In my GIC letter they have mentioned First & Last Name only and there is no middle name mentioned. It will create any issue such like GIC fund rejection? Need your guidance before i pay for GIC.

alyxces

May 1, 2019
hello, i also applied for gic at scotia bank but got rejected due to name mismatch... as per instructions for wire transfer, only first and lastname required but during wire transfer, personnel from bank included my middle initial, i yhink that was the reason for rejection. Now im still waiting for my money to be returned.
Can you please help me with this. In my GIC letter they have mentioned First & Last Name only and there is no middle name mentioned. It will create any issue such like GIC fund rejection? Need your guidance before i pay for GIC.