+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

gic refund

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
zat said:
Hey guys,

My visa was rejected twice and I had applied for a refund from scotia bank on the 9th of December with all the required details in a PDF by email.

I did get the automated " we have received your application and due to high volume, you may experience delay" etc etc the standard mail.

Does refund take this long to process? or to even get the initial confirmation?

Please help. calling Canada is super expensive.

Thanks
ZAT
This wait is really killing seriously... BTW i have a query.. like if u guys paid 6lachs (10000CAD*60INR) (acc to exchange rate at that time, and now excnage rate changed to Rs. 55 suppose). so how much refurn would u get? would u get 6 lach as u paid or will u get according to new exchange rate (10000CAD *INR55 i.e 550000???

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
raj_009 said:
This wait is really killing seriously... BTW i have a query.. like if u guys paid 6lachs (10000CAD*60INR) (acc to exchange rate at that time, and now excnage rate changed to Rs. 55 suppose). so how much refurn would u get? would u get 6 lach as u paid or will u get according to new exchange rate (10000CAD *INR55 i.e 550000???
Excellent question! People, if there's someone who has gotten this GIC refund, it would be great if you can please respond to this.

SINGH_KING

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sikanderv said:
Excellent question! People, if there's someone who has gotten this GIC refund, it would be great if you can please respond to this.
i think we will get refund as per current rates i.e., INR 55. One of my friend sent his fee and GIC when exchange rate was INR 56 and got refund when rate was INR 60, so he gained nearby extra 1 lac rupees.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
SINGH_KING said:
i think we will get refund as per current rates i.e., INR 55. One of my friend sent his fee and GIC when exchange rate was INR 56 and got refund when rate was INR 60, so he gained nearby extra 1 lac rupees.
Thank you, SINGH_KING.

Is there anyone else who has gone through this?

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
SINGH_KING said:
So guys, this means, it is a pure gamble. with the current economic scenario and elections coming up her in india, our political unstability has a big role to play towards foreign exchange regulations. Already our trade deficit is killing us. Well, this could be a luck -luck situation where-in some1 is gaining or some1 losing to fluctuating CAD to INR rate.. All the best to all... lets pray we all get our visa.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
raj_009 said:
So guys, this means, it is a pure gamble. with the current economic scenario and elections coming up her in india, our political unstability has a big role to play towards foreign exchange regulations. Already our trade deficit is killing us. Well, this could be a luck -luck situation where-in some1 is gaining or some1 losing to fluctuating CAD to INR rate.. All the best to all... lets pray we all get our visa.
Right said, Fred. It's a pure gamble. Keeping aside the risk of losing money due to fluctuating exchange rates (which is beyond anyone's control), what is more painful is that it takes ages to get back a simple refund (which ideally should not take more than a week or so, considering even the geography and everything else). This is nothing but a ploy on the part of the bank to make some "free" money, at our expense.

r4j

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
baba ji es war mehar kariyo
LANDED..........
pata nai kado hona
rakesh2636 said:
hello everyone
i had applied to fleming college under spp in 2013 and i had send my gic and tution fees but what happened in my case was that fleming college denied to open that course further(pg diploma in hotel management) so my file was not processed and and my money was there.i got their mail regarding closure of course on 20/11/2013 as i had apply for 2014 jan intake.hopefully my college fees got refunded in jan and i got their suspensssion letter for my gic refund and from 25/11/2013 till now its been 3 months approximately since i am mailing to scotia bank still my money have not been refunded.so i request you people if u could help me or suggest me further what can i do for my refund.plz help me
contact at this Number (Nova Scotia Bank help number):

416-288-3062/ 000-800-100-7460 and ask for interpreter.

(language support in : ENGLISH, FRENCH, MANDARIN, CANTONESE, PUNJABI & SPANISH)...