Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Hey guys,

My visa was rejected twice and I had applied for a refund from scotia bank on the 9th of December with all the required details in a PDF by email.

I did get the automated " we have received your application and due to high volume, you may experience delay" etc etc the standard mail.

Does refund take this long to process? or to even get the initial confirmation?

Please help. calling Canada is super expensive.

Thanks
ZAT

veeramadhavi

Dec 12, 2013
my visa also rejected twice i need to apply for gic refund please tell me what is ip number (account no)? as given in gic website to add subject with documents attached

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veeramadhavi said:
my visa also rejected twice i need to apply for gic refund please tell me what is ip number (account no)? as given in gic website to add subject with documents attached

IP number is same as your Account number on GIC Certificate

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
I got the 8 weeks part.

but wont one get a reply that it is being processed or some thing ?

cause i'm pretty much in the dark here about not sure if my case is being processed or not.

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zat said:
I got the 8 weeks part.

but wont one get a reply that it is being processed or some thing ?

cause i'm pretty much in the dark here about not sure if my case is being processed or not.
have you get any confirmation of application acceptance for GIC REFUND..

if yes then wait until 8 weeks over and than call and ask for interpreter who can talk to you in your language and nova scotia bank provide this facility of interpreter and talk to him directly over phone and then hope for something positive...

take care

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zat said:
Hey guys,

My visa was rejected twice and I had applied for a refund from scotia bank on the 9th of December with all the required details in a PDF by email.

I did get the automated " we have received your application and due to high volume, you may experience delay" etc etc the standard mail.

Thanks
ZAT

now its very cheap to call Canada if calling from India... that old days has gone....

just get reduced calling recharge and talk unlimited to Canada (may be up to 400 minutes),, INDIA IS GREAT..

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
gkb8062 said:
have you get any confirmation of application acceptance for GIC REFUND..

if yes then wait until 8 weeks over and than call and ask for interpreter who can talk to you in your language and nova scotia bank provide this facility of interpreter and talk to him directly over phone and then hope for something positive...

take care
I have not gotten any mail from them so far except for the automated mail I received the moment I sent my refund application.

karan123

Aug 9, 2013
hey...

I had applied for a GIC refund and its been more than 2 months i have not received my refund. I have no idea what this bank is upto...n its just insane that it takes 2 months for a refund?? what to do guys??

karan

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karan123 said:
hey...

I had applied for a GIC refund and its been more than 2 months i have not received my refund. I have no idea what this bank is upto...n its just insane that it takes 2 months for a refund?? what to do guys??

karan

contact at this Number (Nova Scotia Bank help number):

416-288-3062/ 000-800-100-7460 and ask for interpreter.

(language support in : ENGLISH, FRENCH, MANDARIN, CANTONESE, PUNJABI & SPANISH)...

only by calling will work out and give the abuussee as much as you can.... ha ha ha

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
karan123 said:
hey...

karan
Hey Karan,
did you get any mail from them apart from the standard automated one?

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
gkb8062 said:
contact at this Number (Nova Scotia Bank help number):

416-288-3062/ 000-800-100-7460 and ask for interpreter.

(language support in : ENGLISH, FRENCH, MANDARIN, CANTONESE, PUNJABI & SPANISH)...

only by calling will work out and give the abuussee as much as you can.... ha ha ha
Hey thanks man.

I called the first number and they said it could take upto 10 weeks (I thought it was 8 weeks max) from the date of application. it has been 4 weeks so far for me.

They did say I cant enquire about the application, but should send up a follow up mail if I have no response soon.
They would either mail before the funds are transferred back or mail if they find irregularities in the application.

The wait period with out a proper response is really irritating.

RAJA304

Jul 28, 2013
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zat said:
Hey guys,

Thanks
ZAT
I also have submitted my refund request on 16th dec and got only auto generated mail from them till now!!!

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
hey

I got a reply from them by email today and they simply sent a blunt mail saying we cannot process your application further because your swift code is wrong and you will have to re apply
:mad:

my swift code and every thing is correct. I even went to my bank to double check.

They simply said scotia bank has to route through my bank and that will transfer into my account..

Any ideas? replies?

rakesh2636

Feb 17, 2014
hello everyone
i had applied to fleming college under spp in 2013 and i had send my gic and tution fees but what happened in my case was that fleming college denied to open that course further(pg diploma in hotel management) so my file was not processed and and my money was there.i got their mail regarding closure of course on 20/11/2013 as i had apply for 2014 jan intake.hopefully my college fees got refunded in jan and i got their suspensssion letter for my gic refund and from 25/11/2013 till now its been 3 months approximately since i am mailing to scotia bank still my money have not been refunded.so i request you people if u could help me or suggest me further what can i do for my refund.plz help me