+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC Problems in Pakistan

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Is it possible to send GIC payment through my personal PKR account or does it have to be a joint account with parents?
you can do it with Standard Chartered Pakistan however only with Priority Account. I did, so yeah.

Last edited:

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Is it possible to send GIC payment through my personal PKR account or does it have to be a joint account with parents?
Dont know about if PKR account would work i think USD foreign account is required
And both will work its actually better to send it through your own account

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hello everyone there,

Pakistan has recently been introduced to SDS for which it requires GIC.

There is a Bank Habiib Canadian Bank which can accept wire transfer but how one can send the amount if he does not have foreign currency account?

is there any other way to send out the money to Habib Canadian bank where I have requested account opening?

facing hard times please help anyone
What is SDS? And GIC? Plz tell me.

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Yes, it’s possible State Bank of Pakistan allows you to send it via PKR ( conversation rate applied ) account.

Every bank can send it via PKR account but unfortunately bank employees are not aware of the procedure and they force you to open dollar account.

gr8ninja18

Oct 5, 2020
How to get GIC from Pakistan.

Canada Side (CIBC)
Go to the following website and click apply https://www.cibc.com/.../international-student-gic.html
Select the country and you will be given two options CAD or USD. Select CAD because it is cheaper. At the moment of this post they are asking 7849.91 USD which you can convert to 10224.94 CAD from google while if u select CAD they only ask for 10150 CAD. Hence CAD option is cheaper. You can do this your self to confirm.
While filling your detail at the end there is a referral option. If you have a referral email you will get extra bonus mentioned on this site (https://www.cibc.com/.../special.../isbo-refer-a-friend.html) at the time of the post it is 25 CAD bonus. If you need I can give you a email for referral.
Fill all the information carefully save every page as pdf in your computer before clicking next (important later) To do this press ctrl P and select save as pdf in printer/destination option.
After filling your form, you will receive cibc login details and an email with instruction for transaction with in 1 to 2 days.

Pakistan Side
The best option at the time of post is Meezan Bank and Habib Metropolitan Bank because they both have extensive experience in GIC and both are offering the service in PKR account. I will recommend Meezan as it has less transaction charges.
Take a copy of your Passport, ID card, admission letter, instructions sheet and the pdf of application with you to Meezan Bank and tell them you need to get GIC for Canadian Student Visa. If they have experience, then good if not tell them to contact Meezan Bank Model Town Branch Lahore or Faisal Town Branch in Lahore or Buffer zone branch Karachi or head office and ask them about the process.
While creating the account use the printed pdf as reference and use the same data in account creation. E.g. your name, address format, spellings etc. to avoid any difference during the transaction.
After the account is made and you receive the check book, they will take the copies of all the documents and make you fill additional forms for the transaction and its purpose, fill them as they are only for Pakistani banks.
If the bank dose not have experience in GIC make sure that bank understand the instruction and completely follow them. Common mistakes are Beneficiary address in field F59 of the Foreign Telegraphic Transaction form will be Pakistani same as the address of remitter (also mentioned in the instructions). Field F70 should contain the details according to instructions first (for CIBC the details are “ISBO 2020 GIC-xxxxxxxx”) and if bank wants to add extra detail then they can add after that.
After this the bank will get approval from head office and will send the money to CIBC.
After confirmation from Meezan bank that they have sent the money you will have to wait for 1 to 5 days for the confirmation email from CIBC. Then go to the CIBC login and under the transaction detail download the investment advice letter and welcome letter. I attached these two documents together in the Visa application.
If you need any help you can contact me here or in inbox.

UsmanM

Sep 16, 2020
Contact me on my email bilalmehar381@gmail.com, I will guide you. Do mention that you are from Canada Visa Forums.
Thank you for the information. This certainly helps a lot. If you have an experience of making the payment through this method, can you tell me if it’s necessary to get a cheque book before this can be done. I’m asking because there’s still 2 weeks left before I get mine and I don’t want to delay the payment

irfan583

Oct 2, 2021
Hi,
anybody knows how long does it takes to receive a confirmation mail from Scotiabank.
I have wire transferred my money on 21st sep from Habib Metro Bank and it's 2nd oct but still got nothing from Scotiabank.
Anybody have Scotiabank email so that I can mail them.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Hi,
anybody knows how long does it takes to receive a confirmation mail from Scotiabank.
I have wire transferred my money on 21st sep from Habib Metro Bank and it's 2nd oct but still got nothing from Scotiabank.
Anybody have Scotiabank email so that I can mail them.
They should have confirmed it by now. Dont know about Scotia bank but my account is in Habib Canadian bank and I received my money transfer confirmation in 3 to 4 days. As for email of Scotia bank u may find it on their website.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Thank you for the information. This certainly helps a lot. If you have an experience of making the payment through this method, can you tell me if it’s necessary to get a cheque book before this can be done. I’m asking because there’s still 2 weeks left before I get mine and I don’t want to delay the payment
I guess check book is necessary.

Windlessobject

Nov 9, 2021
You don't have to open a foreign currency account. Just go to i8 markaz Islamabad there's a soneri bank these are gic experts easiest process mine was done in 3 days

IramSajid2019

Jul 15, 2022
How to get GIC from Pakistan.

Canada Side (CIBC)
Go to the following website and click apply https://www.cibc.com/.../international-student-gic.html
Select the country and you will be given two options CAD or USD. Select CAD because it is cheaper. At the moment of this post they are asking 7849.91 USD which you can convert to 10224.94 CAD from google while if u select CAD they only ask for 10150 CAD. Hence CAD option is cheaper. You can do this your self to confirm.
While filling your detail at the end there is a referral option. If you have a referral email you will get extra bonus mentioned on this site (https://www.cibc.com/.../special.../isbo-refer-a-friend.html) at the time of the post it is 25 CAD bonus. If you need I can give you a email for referral.
Fill all the information carefully save every page as pdf in your computer before clicking next (important later) To do this press ctrl P and select save as pdf in printer/destination option.
After filling your form, you will receive cibc login details and an email with instruction for transaction with in 1 to 2 days.

Pakistan Side
The best option at the time of post is Meezan Bank and Habib Metropolitan Bank because they both have extensive experience in GIC and both are offering the service in PKR account. I will recommend Meezan as it has less transaction charges.
Take a copy of your Passport, ID card, admission letter, instructions sheet and the pdf of application with you to Meezan Bank and tell them you need to get GIC for Canadian Student Visa. If they have experience, then good if not tell them to contact Meezan Bank Model Town Branch Lahore or Faisal Town Branch in Lahore or Buffer zone branch Karachi or head office and ask them about the process.
While creating the account use the printed pdf as reference and use the same data in account creation. E.g. your name, address format, spellings etc. to avoid any difference during the transaction.
After the account is made and you receive the check book, they will take the copies of all the documents and make you fill additional forms for the transaction and its purpose, fill them as they are only for Pakistani banks.
If the bank dose not have experience in GIC make sure that bank understand the instruction and completely follow them. Common mistakes are Beneficiary address in field F59 of the Foreign Telegraphic Transaction form will be Pakistani same as the address of remitter (also mentioned in the instructions). Field F70 should contain the details according to instructions first (for CIBC the details are “ISBO 2020 GIC-xxxxxxxx”) and if bank wants to add extra detail then they can add after that.
After this the bank will get approval from head office and will send the money to CIBC.
After confirmation from Meezan bank that they have sent the money you will have to wait for 1 to 5 days for the confirmation email from CIBC. Then go to the CIBC login and under the transaction detail download the investment advice letter and welcome letter. I attached these two documents together in the Visa application.
If you need any help you can contact me here or in inbox.
I have my Personal account in Meezan Bank . Can I process my GIC from there. Or should it be a Dollar account? Kindly guide

Idk2

May 19, 2022
I have my Personal account in Meezan Bank . Can I process my GIC from there. Or should it be a Dollar account? Kindly guide
There's no need of dollar account if your bank allows you to initiate International transaction with PKR account. Just make sure that you have enough money in your acc considering the conversion rate from PKR to CAD/USD