+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC fund rejected

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
My address on passport differs from my current address. The fund transfer has been rejected, how can I resolve this issue. All responses will be highly appreciated.

jigar_111

Star Member
May 26, 2018
India
Med's Done....
06/05/2018
My address on passport differs from my current address. The fund transfer has been rejected, how can I resolve this issue. All responses will be highly appreciated.
Send a mail to bank in which you applied for GIC account ( Scotia or ICICI ) for address updation along with your passport copy. It will take 4-5 days to update the same. Then reappy for the GIC.

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks a lot for your response. It was really important to me, but please can you tell what exactly should I mail them, my current address is mentioned in the beneficiary info. Kindly explain.

jigar_111

Star Member
May 26, 2018
India
Med's Done....
06/05/2018
Thanks a lot for your response. It was really important to me, but please can you tell what exactly should I mail them, my current address is mentioned in the beneficiary info. Kindly explain.
what address do you update in gic account, as per your passport or your current address ?
if it is according to your password no need to change the same. next time while transferring the GIC amount make sure you enter address in beneficiary address field as per your passport only.
if in gic account your address is not as per your passport then update the same.

To request an update to your personal information, email Scotiabank with a copy of your passport pages (photograph page) as well as any applicable supporting documents (specific to your request). Your email to Scotiabank must be REPLY only to the last message received from the Scotiabank Secure Email Service mailbox. The subject line of your email must state: Scotiabank Student GIC Program- Your Full Name (Given/First and Surname/ Last) - Update- . Your request will be processed within five (5) business days from the date they receive it. The auto response is confirmation that they have received your request for processing – no further confirmations will be sent to you.

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply and time. As you said, if I fill my passport address which is the old one in the beneficiary address, it wont match my current address and my other relevant documents have my current address, won't it be a problem?

jigar_111

Star Member
May 26, 2018
India
Med's Done....
06/05/2018
Thanks a lot for your reply and time. As you said, if I fill my passport address which is the old one in the beneficiary address, it wont match my current address and my other relevant documents have my current address, won't it be a problem?
no problem at all, as it is for only GIC account. but make 100% sure that the address in gic account and address you enter in details while wire transferring the money must be same.

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
When i applied for GIC account, I used my current address.. not the passport one (old)
So when i am filling in with my current address, the request gets rejected. Please help.

jigar_111

Star Member
May 26, 2018
India
Med's Done....
06/05/2018
When i applied for GIC account, I used my current address.. not the passport one (old)
So when i am filling in with my current address, the request gets rejected. Please help.
what address did you put in beneficiaries address field while wire transferring ?

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
Can you help me out please. Do you have any idea how long the visa process takes? And what are the financial documents to be submitted?

jigar_111

Star Member
May 26, 2018
India
Med's Done....
06/05/2018
Can you help me out please. Do you have any idea how long the visa process takes? And what are the financial documents to be submitted?
Visa processing will take about 7 weeks..I think you should talk to some consultancy regarding address problem. Or you should upate it according to your passport.

cj2018

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks a lot. The GIC will show my previoys address on it? I mean , does GIC come issued with an address on it?