+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIC application - intl student from philippines

Rouie.luis

May 21, 2019
May nakausap po kasi ako na sabi rejected dw ang GIC application nila sa scotia bank from BDO. Dpat dw sa hsbc. May naka experience na po ba sa inyo?

m.dima26

May 22, 2019
Hello!
Usually you will get an email from Scotia bank saying why your transfer was rejected.
If the bank is able to telegraph the amount into your account in Scotia bank, it's usually not a concern which bank you go to as long as its in the Philippines.
GIC will only be rejected if:
- The bank receives less than 10,200 CAD
- The amount was not received from your OWN bank account in your HOME country. Funds transferred into Scotia Bank from third parties (e.g. parents name only, relatives and/ or friends) will be rejected. Joint account with parents is okay.
- The beneficiary name does not match the ordering customer's name; you must place your name in the beneficiary information (Feild 59) and it has to exactly match the name and address you applied with on your GIC application

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
I have checked with Metrobank, they said they dont have facilities for international transfer. Same with BPI & BDO. Can you let me know which bank in the Phils. has the international transfer facility? I am currently in UAE and having a hard time arranging GIC.

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Not all branch are aware. I know PNB Shangrila and BDO Gil Puyat knows the procedure.
if in UAE, go to PNB Karama branch, they can assist you open an account and all.

Reactions: ekit123

CMM_1981

Feb 4, 2017
I have checked with Metrobank, they said they dont have facilities for international transfer. Same with BPI & BDO. Can you let me know which bank in the Phils. has the international transfer facility? I am currently in UAE and having a hard time arranging GIC.
Did mine sa Metrobank pero with CIBC. In CIBC, there is an option to choose USD or CAD. I chose USD so from my Php account to USD to CIBC.

I just showed them the letter, filled out a form and done. Got confirmation from CIBC in less than 48 hrs.

Reactions: ekit123

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
Did mine sa Metrobank pero with CIBC. In CIBC, there is an option to choose USD or CAD. I chose USD so from my Php account to USD to CIBC.

I just showed them the letter, filled out a form and done. Got confirmation from CIBC in less than 48 hrs.
Hi many thanks for your reply. Does that mean I have to open a USD account with metrobank? I will check with CIBC as well. But my problem is with Metrobank account since I am outside the Philippines.

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
Mine was successful with Metrobank. They have the lowest exchange rate that time and transfer fees as well.
Hi do I have to request the transfer to the branch. Mobile banking is not possible?

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
Not all branch are aware. I know PNB Shangrila and BDO Gil Puyat knows the procedure.
if in UAE, go to PNB Karama branch, they can assist you open an account and all.
Thanks will look into that and will definitely call them tomorrow.

CMM_1981

Feb 4, 2017
Hi many thanks for your reply. Does that mean I have to open a USD account with metrobank? I will check with CIBC as well. But my problem is with Metrobank account since I am outside the Philippines.
No... PHP account ko sila nag covert with fees then transfered.

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
need to inquire about gic application for filipinos . hwo did you put the names correctly as we have given name: middle name & surname on passport. gic application is only FIRST name & surname. Appreciate your help as I lodged my scotiabank application and have gave only GIVEN name & surname (without middlename) will there be a problem on gic?

Last edited:

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
need to inquire about gic application for filipinos . hwo did you put the names correctly as we have given name: middle name & surname on passport. gic application is only FIRST name & surname. Appreciate your help as I lodged my scotiabank application and have gave only GIVEN name & surname (without middlename) will there be a problem on gic?
This is for Scotiabank (no idea abt other bank)

You should put your middle name along with first name.
GIC it does not allow spaces, put a dash (-)

note your bank name should also match your passport and instruct the bank to put your middle name on Given Name

example:
passport:
Given Name: Maria Juana
Middle Name: Santos
Surname: Dela Cruz

GIC - when you create use:
Given name: Maria-Juana-Santos

barbs_20

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON-->RFI-->NDR-->VCM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU 24.AUG.2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH FILE
Med's Request
WAITING PATIENTLY
This is for Scotiabank (no idea abt other bank)

You should put your middle name along with first name.
GIC it does not allow spaces, put a dash (-)

note your bank name should also match your passport and instruct the bank to put your middle name on Given Name

example:
passport:
Given Name: Maria Juana
Middle Name: Santos

GIC - when you create use:
Given name: Maria-Juana-Santos
In this case should i send them an email for name correction??? :(:(:(

Reactions: Faith_Canada123