Feb 8, 2023
I got request letter for PR (golden email) yesterday

Timeline
AOR : Nov 22
Biometrics: December 7
Eligibility Completed : January 12
Tracker still showing background check not started yet
February 21 : Request letter for PR
Tracker is not reliable. Do not depend on it.

Ironman12

Feb 21, 2019

Timeline
Congrats! Were you also getting ghost updates on pr tracker everyday since Feb 1st?

Reactions: xshema

aaron_matthew

Jan 6, 2023
What do you mean by real ghost update? You received it on your gckey account?
Only one portal gives you ghost updates?

Last year it was evident that IRCC was doing something with your file as ghost updates were soon followed by notifications or updates.

These days it seems to update 3 times a week with website or server updates as everyone gets the same update. That’s the growing theory as it’s all guess work and IRCC aren’t hitting up forums and letting anyone know what’s happening.

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023

Timeline
Hi, congratulations! Are you outland or inland?

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Just received my PR Approved email this afternoon. January 5, 2022 applicant. Lots of ghost updates in the new tracker this month, but I also wanted to share that I had three ghost updates in my GCKey account (2 yesterday, 1 this morning) and then the approval email came. So the GCKey updates seem to be more significant. It's been a long road! Good luck to all still waiting and I hope you don't have to wait much longer❤

Tintin and Snowy

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Just received my PR Approved email this afternoon. January 5, 2022 applicant. Lots of ghost updates in the new tracker this month, but I also wanted to share that I had three ghost updates in my GCKey account (2 yesterday, 1 this morning) and then the approval email came. So the GCKey updates seem to be more significant. It's been a long road! Good luck to all still waiting and I hope you don't have to wait much longer❤
Congratulations!!

• Love
Reactions: KJH85

Nyash

Jun 8, 2022
Online Outland Spousal Application (NDVO)
Submitted: Jan 16, 2022
AOR: Jun 23, 2022
Sponsor Approval/Med request: Jul 13, 2022
Med. completed: Aug 1, 2022
Eligibility started: Jan 11, 2023
Eligibility completed; Jan 19, 2023
Pre-arrival: Jan 20, 2023
Background Completed: Feb 22, 2023
PPR: Feb 23, 2023
COPR: Feb 24, 2023

Good luck everyone!

Note:
I never received updates for Eligibility, and only received the pre-arrival letter on Jan 20 after meds in Aug'22. The dates later showed up when the tracker was updated for everyone in Feb. Same for Background, went from 'not started' to 'completed on Feb 22' on Feb 24.

Last edited:

sjxx

Feb 22, 2023
My background check got completed in January but my PR tracker didn't showcase this until Feb 1st. Haven't received ANY updates since then though.
Did you get ghost updates in between? When I called IRCC the automated response told me that the background check was in process but on the PR tracker it says not started. How did you figure out that your background check got completed in January?