+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
Is anyone else getting very infrequent updates these days? In August and September we were getting them almost every day, and recently it has slowed down to barely once a week.

Nov 2021 applicant.
Same here. Went 3 weeks without any update in October. And now I get maybe one a week. Applied January 5, 2022.

randhawa7511

Star Member
Aug 30, 2022
I am keeping my fingers crossed, our MP contacted IRCC and was told that everything else was completed only pending security screening which started on 8th of September
Thats what I mean, they update status of BG to completed but they are still processing BG. I have seen this a lot.

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Is anyone else getting very infrequent updates these days? In August and September we were getting them almost every day, and recently it has slowed down to barely once a week.

Nov 2021 applicant.
Yes, 4 GUs in all of October, after getting them daily in August and September. Still no GUs this month.

December 2021 OO applicant

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I only have had access to the new track for one week now. Is there a set day of the week that updates usually come or is it random?

Mrs_spiritus

Mar 16, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
When the "last updated" date changes at the top of the account page on the PR Tracker.
It's very random. As you can tell, some people get the updates regularly, others don't. For me, updates take place after noon EST.

Basically, it's a mystery but we all like to think that it's an indicator that our files are being looked at by IRCC

Reactions: KJH85

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I would guess you should be close now, sometimes visa officers I think update statuses on these PR trackers but when people called them they are still processing background check. But considering your timeline I would say you should be close to getting some reply
Also in some cases the primary applicants status could be all completed, but non accompanied dependents that are still listed on the file may not have background checks complete. Then you get the delays and GU's but nothing to see.

Reactions: randhawa7511

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
It's very random. As you can tell, some people get the updates regularly, others don't. For me, updates take place after noon EST.

Basically, it's a mystery but we all like to think that it's an indicator that our files are being looked at by IRCC
I am up to 33 ghost updates since the completion of medical and only background check being completed for PA and non-accompanying dependent. All between 7 August and 9 November.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Fhughton

Oct 19, 2021
Hey guys, inland principal applicant here. Got ghost updates 3-4x a week July through to October 17 last communication/ update i received was August 25th when i eligibility decision letter. My wife got her SA the following day. Now since the 17th October the next update was October 31st. There has been no Ghost updates since then everything on the tracker shows completed except background verification still says not started. Any input on the information i have shared will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hey guys, inland principal applicant here. Got ghost updates 3-4x a week July through to October 17 last communication/ update i received was August 25th when i eligibility decision letter. My wife got her SA the following day. Now since the 17th October the next update was October 31st. There has been no Ghost updates since then everything on the tracker shows completed except background verification still says not started. Any input on the information i have shared will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If I am correct in my assumption that the medical and biometrics are complete for everyone on the application. Then welcome to the first steps of the background check which are the RCMP check, then information sharing, then CBSA and CSIS investigations. RCMP, Info sharing, and CBSA are relatively quick (1 week -3 months depending on if they have a background match if they do, sometimes they request and updated Schedule A). It is the CSIS check that takes the longest, and is the last step before they go to final decision.

Reactions: Mrs_spiritus

Fhughton

Oct 19, 2021
If I am correct in my assumption that the medical and biometrics are complete for everyone on the application. Then welcome to the first steps of the background check which are the RCMP check, then information sharing, then CBSA and CSIS investigations. RCMP, Info sharing, and CBSA are relatively quick (1 week -3 months depending on if they have a background match if they do, sometimes they request and updated Schedule A). It is the CSIS check that takes the longest, and is the last step before they go to final decision.
Thank you so much for the timely response. Yes medical bio and eligibility are all complete on status tracker. No travel history in the last 10 years and my partner and i have a child together, she is only 1 so its somewhat a straight forward application as i am the only one applying. Our child was born here in Canada. Just curious as to why the updates have slowed down so much but i guess it could very well be in the security stage now

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Thank you so much for the timely response. Yes medical bio and eligibility are all complete on status tracker. No travel history in the last 10 years and my partner and i have a child together, she is only 1 so its somewhat a straight forward application as i am the only one applying. Our child was born here in Canada. Just curious as to why the updates have slowed down so much but i guess it could very well be in the security stage now
That would be my guess. The updates slow down the closer the background check is to being completed.