+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ghost updates new Tracker

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
Hi i have a question
If any kind of loan on underneath applicant name
Does they reject the spousal application or they delay??? Or no impact
The financial situation of a sponsor or principal applicant cannot negatively impact eligibility for spousal sponsorship, I am clear on that fact. So generally, as long as you don't have some kind of criminal record, I don't think having some loan debt would negatively impact your spousal sponsorship application.
Edit: Emphasizing the qualifier that it generally doesn't matter. However this would not apply in the case of a severely negligent financial history such as if sponsor is on social assistance or bankruptcy--in such cases your financial situation would matter.

Also, please note that I am basing my information from the following govt of Canada website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html

The website also states that:

"In general, a sponsor does not have to meet the MNI [Minimum Necessary Income] if they are sponsoring their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child or a person under the age of 18 whom the sponsor intends to adopt in Canada [R133(4)]. However, in situations where an officer is of the opinion that the sponsor will be unable to provide adequate support and that the sponsored person will be unable or unwilling to support themselves and may have to rely on social assistance, the applicant may be found to be inadmissible for financial reasons [A39].

Note: If a dependent child sponsored as the principal applicant (or as a dependant of the principal applicant) has a dependent child, the MNI for the applicable family size has to be met. A sample scenario would be where someone is sponsoring their common-law partner who is accompanied by their 18-year old daughter and their daughter’s 2-year old child (the principal applicant’s grandchild)."

Last edited:
Reactions: Reetu B

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
The financial situation of a sponsor or principal applicant cannot negatively impact eligibility for spousal sponsorship, I am clear on that fact. So generally, as long as you don't have some kind of criminal record, I don't think having some loan debt would negatively impact your spousal sponsorship application.
You cant be currently bankrupt. If so you have to wait to be discharged from it. Its on the forms.

Patientlywaiting...

Oct 13, 2022
For applicant or sponsor?
Because the sponsor signs an undertaking of providing unconditional financial support to principal applicant when he/she comes here, the government website and application emphasizes that the sponsor must not be taking social assistance or be on bankruptcy. I haven't seen anything anywhere that says the principal applicant must not have bankruptcy (but maybe FlyingFast is talking about a form I haven't seen--maybe ask which form?). You also have to consider that the principal applicant's financial situation is not considered UNLESS the sponsor has to meet the MNI (minimum necessary income) and they cannot afford it on their own, in that case the sponsor would have to prove that the principal applicant can help meet the MNI.

See government website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-assessing-sponsor.html#financial

It says: "If a sponsor is unable to meet financial requirements on their own, they may include information on the financial resources of their spouse or common-law partner provided that person co-signs the sponsorship application, where applicable."

Immigration officers do conduct a thorough background check of principal applicants though. So maybe if they found a really bad financial history like bankruptcy that could slow down the application? But I doubt it honestly, since generally the financial situation of the principal applicant does not matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reetu B

hage

Oct 29, 2022
Yea, pretty much in the same situation as you. About to hit 12 Month mark next week and our application is also being processed in Beirut VO. Since we applied at the same time, would it be ok with you to let us know if you get any new updates? I will also do the same if I hear anything. Would greatly appreciate it. All the best!
Hello! would it be ok to share your new updates? I am a November 2021 applicant so about to hit the 12 month mark in 2 weeks.. I wanted to check how things has worked for you in Beirut.

hage

Oct 29, 2022
Applied October 31st, 2021 online
First AOR in November 30 2021
Biometric done 02/02/2022
Medical Done 02/06/2022
Second AOR and them stating that they officially started working on the app 03/20/2022
Eligibility changed to in progress 03/30/2022
ARD 04/27/2022
documents sent 04/28/2022.
nothing since, only ghost updates on the new tracker

Background check not started
no Pre arrival letter
no PPR
no COPR

the anxiety from this waiting basically sucked happiness out of my life. my representative gave me hope of 8 month. but when i researched (based on People from the Forum) i saw on average of 14 to 15 month for Beirut Visa office to finalize an application. if i knew that from the beginning i would've started with a TRV then switch to a PR. that being said, every application is different than the other so fingers crossed we all hear something soon.
Any new update on ur application? I am a november 2021 applicant and was wondering if things are processing well for around this timeline..

KJH85

Star Member
Mar 8, 2022
did you have the same situation(stop updating on tracker) last time before you got the pre-arrival or any real updates?
No, in my experience, I was getting steady ghost updates before the pre-arrival and then the SA and AIP. This is the longest I've gone without any ghost updates.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikii

Kya

Oct 7, 2018
Hello
i received Ppr today
Hello everybody i would like to share my file ----> VO Dakar
application received on Dec 5 2021
AOR March 3 2022
SA April 4 2022
Medical request April 5 2022
Medical completed and updated April 22 2022