+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting your Experience Letter STAMPED !!!

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Now, this may seem strange,,but my HR is not stamping my experience letter, as they say its already on Company Letter Head and only requires signature,,,and does not require stamp. Stamping is done only on pages without company letterheads, like printouts of online payslips...

Now, the guide says the letters must be stamped and on company letter head....Anyone with similar dilemma,,,plz share your experience....

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I honestly don't know where on Earth the HR stamps such letters. (21 years of work life experience)
I think the CIC should be informed about this problem and the criteria be changed. I mean, if they call the employers to check anyway,
why then ask applicants to get something done that is nearly impossible. My last Employer actually laughed at it when I asked them to stamp it!!! We have to go around pleading and begging.
I am really frustrated as it has cost me almost $500.00 just to secure the PCC OF A COUNTRY.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
submit the original copy with the company letterhead and that should be good to go. the CIC required it to be stamped if you want to submit a xerox copy of the letter.

from my experience, i submitted the original and didn't have any problem.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
C.I.C state that the original must be sent. It must be signed and stamped with the companies official stamp.
In Ireland and I presume most countries the official stamp bears the companies registered tax number.
C.I.C more than likely check with the authorities in each country, as the registered tax number is proof of that companies existence.
Otherwise,If you think about it, anyone could come up with a forged company letterhead.
Hope this helps. Demand that your letter is stamped. Its not going to hurt anyone, and is a lot quicker than them arguing with you over it.

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
Ahan,,
actually, our HR has a specific format of only Salary Certification with all tax return and inforamation of benefits etc,,,,,which they provide with stamp in a specific format,,,so Salary information is fine, and for the job description part, my manager has sent a letter but that does not contain HR stamp,so that may cause a problem,,,HR does not stamp letters not issued specifically by them......
My manager has given his business card though....

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
do you have a tax return or W2 (annual income doc) which shows that you work on the company where you have the experience letter? that would be a good proof and there's really no need to stamp your letter.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
I think you should attach a supporting letter from yourself explaining the situation.
I am sure they will understand.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gerrybyrne said:
C.I.C state that the original must be sent. It must be signed and stamped with the companies official stamp.
In Ireland and I presume most countries the official stamp bears the companies registered tax number.
C.I.C more than likely check with the authorities in each country, as the registered tax number is proof of that companies existence.
Otherwise,If you think about it, anyone could come up with a forged company letterhead.
Hope this helps. Demand that your letter is stamped. Its not going to hurt anyone, and is a lot quicker than them arguing with you over it.
Well I am in the UK which can't be that different from Ireland.
All Legitimate Companies have a VAT NO and a Company Registration NO. apart from Address, Telephone, Fax etc etc on them.
So why would they want to stamp them?????

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
r_sab said:
Now, this may seem strange,,but my HR is not stamping my experience letter, as they say its already on Company Letter Head and only requires signature,,,and does not require stamp. Stamping is done only on pages without company letterheads, like printouts of online payslips...

Now, the guide says the letters must be stamped and on company letter head....Anyone with similar dilemma,,,plz share your experience....
They are right, they won't stamp if it is on company letterhead - If you are talking about US, you will be fine as Canadians know the policy. When I sent in my letter it had no stamp just a company letterhead with HR signature and contact information. I sent in my pay-stubs too just in case.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
The point is not whether the company wants to stamp the letter or not.
The fact is that C.I.C want the company stamp on them.
It does,nt matter whether anybody here thinks its stupid or not. It is in their rules.
There is no point in debating if C.I.C are over the top on this one.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gerrybyrne said:
The point is not whether the company wants to stamp the letter or not.
The fact is that C.I.C want the company stamp on them.
It does,nt matter whether anybody here thinks its stupid or not. It is in their rules.
There is no point in debating if C.I.C are over the top on this one.
OK! So if a company refuses to stamp it, what is the solution in your view?
The question raised by the OP was that the HR has refused to stamp it. So what does he do?
Anyway, (NEWYORKER) has answered the question. He can't just walk in and pickup the stamp and "bang" it on the paper or can he?

What I was saying was, since the CIC calls the employer to find out anyway, then why the need to get them stamped?

Diwar

Dec 2, 2008
This is indeed a problem. My bank absolutely refused to stamp my letter saying its on the company official letterhead and the stamp is not needed blah blah blah, even though I explain to them CIC requirement, I had no choice but to send the letter without stamp.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
The instructions say that if you are refused reference letters, then you must write an explanation to them as to why you didnt.
I presume if you have a letter and it does,nt fully meet C.I.C requirements then you write to them explaining why.

I have had to take my former employer to a Court of Justice to get 8 weeks wages owed to me. He,s cracking up over it.
And today I sent a letter to the London Embassy to warn them that he may not be very co-operative even though he gave me an excellent ( stamped )letter.

gerrybyrne

Dec 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th feb 2009
Doc's Request.
4th mar 2009
AOR Received.
25th may 2009
Med's Request
7th oct 2009
Med's Done....
4th nov 2009
Passport Req..
7th Oct 2009
VISA ISSUED...
3rd dec 2009
Hi Diwar. This may sound silly but did you work for that bank.