Getting to know the process better....

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, I'm really glad I found this forum! I think this is the best thing that's happened in a while to me on the topic of immigration. :D

I'm an American citizen, engaged to a Canadian citizen. We knew each other online for a long time, dated for a few years, and now we're engaged. :)
We feel like we've been running in circles reading the information on the cic site on how to get into the country. It also seems like things change every now and again! Like on family sponsorship: I don't see the 10,000 being requested, just support for three years legally.

It feels incredibly daunting to make decisions on all of this and turn in paper work eventually - fear of getting rejected.

Anyway, I'm going to graduate college within the next year, and I want to live in Canada with my fiance. We're really stumped on how to go about this, what is the best route and what not. We realize the processing times are long on most levels, also, I don't want to be a burden on him money wise and wish I could get a job up there (or in the states it seems, if I apply outside).

Our records are clean, and I've got proof of our relationship. I'm really glad I took pictures the last few years... lol. If you could give me any bit of advice, that would be great.

We're just looking for the best route to take.

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you read the first post in the following thread?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

If not - start there!

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for posting that to me!