Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Ireland is a visa exempt country. Which means you can stay as a visitor in Canada up to 6 months.

When you arrive you can say you are visiting a friend and if pressed, exploring a relationship, etc. as a reason for length of stay. There is never a guarantee that they will not turn you back, or give you a "visitor's record" for less than the 6 month period. A month before the expiration date of your visit date, you can apply to extend your stay.

In general, visitor's visas are often not given when they know there is a PR in process due to a high liklihood that the person will not return home if PR is denied. However, being from a visit exempt country and being prepared with proof of ties to the "home country", e.g. job, lease, children to show that you will return can help show that you will return. ;)

Napiergen

Jul 9, 2010
Hi

I’m not worried about entering the country what I am worried about is immigration officials checking am I IN the country at the time of application? And the possible repercussions eeeeek!!

Thanks

Waytie

P.S. hahaha hey you just wait until we start filling out the forms, Q & A galore!!!!

Thank you again!

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Being IN Canada while you are getting married, preparing the application package, and waiting for the process is not a problem as long as you remain a visitor. This means you cannot work or study during that time. Just visit and be with your sweetie :p

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
For some reason the Call centre pushes applying INLAND...I wouldnt recommend it personally as you cant leave Canada during the 18 month+ processing time and NO right of appeal..

Outland your application goes to Mississauga for your sponsor to be approved then sent to London England to be processed..I am from the UK and applying Outland whilst living in Canada on a Visitors Record that was issued for 1 year..I am waiting for London to start processing my application..you will be fine as long as you maintain a Legal Status in Canada..Processing times are 2 - 8 months after your sponsor has been approved...all in all you could have your PR in 4 - 10 months start to Finish... :D

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Napiergen said:
I'm not worried about entering the country what I am worried about is immigration officials checking am I IN the country at the time of application? And the possible repercussions eek!
There is no problem. You can stay in Canada as a visitor for 6 months, unless they give you less when you enter - which is unlikely. You can extend your stay. Visiting your wife is good for the application - you have to prove you have a genuine relationship, so visits to see each other are good evidence that you do. You also have to prove you know a lot about your wife, so living together helps with this as well.
As long as you are in Canada legally, the immigration officials will not care. You will be visiting for 6 months, though - don't tell them you've moved here.

roannezelle01

Feb 21, 2018
Hi reading this post and would like to take opportunity to ask . I will land in manitoba on march 2018 as single permanent resident . And got engaged for a year to an irish citizen and got pregnant for 4 wks my question are
1. Once i landed in canada, can we soon get married in canada or do i have to wait for my permanent resident card to be able be married
2. my irish fiancee will come to canada to visit me, is it possible that canada will allow us to be married even he is visiting canada and not a permanent resident coz he has commitment of work in ireland , we wanted to be married before our baby will be born on november 2018 in canada. While our relationship will be a long distance for meantime.
3. Does being pregnant and not yet married will be cover by medical in manitoba
4.. What do we need to do to be able to be married in canada and process marriage certificate .
Your kind responses is highly a great help coz im confuse what to do . Thank you