+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married in the philippines - Questions

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The OP should have the person in the PH to consult a lawyer there to get the official word.
Well, yes, but I think the situation is also well known - can't get a divorce in PH, annulment very long, can't get much done abroad like divorce because not resident abroad, may not be able to get a TRV, and if so, only conjugal route is open.

So the OP is in the position that this will take a long time regardless.

Reactions: YVR123 and Kaibigan

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The other man has left his pregnant wife, is now living with another woman in the Philippines, and the mother who raises her child alone gets punished? That is quite upsetting. It's hypocresy coming from a so-called Christian government.
Nah, the Christian government is working perfectly to their objectives; see also how the government south of the border is treating pregnant women.

Yanick

Jul 19, 2022
The abandonment scenario you describe is an all-too-common occurrence in the Phils. Almost a norm.

[snip]
Thank you very much Kaibigan! That was very helpful. Not cheerful, but helpful :)

All those Catholics supporting the current Ph government have a place in hell for them as they stubbornly look down at their feet ignoring these abandoned women who have indeed been defrauded by men who only wanted them for their pleasure, then abandoned them at the sign of personal responsibility. If I were Catholic, this would be far than enough to turn me away from that religion. It is ironic that the Anglican Church came to be for a similar reason, though for very different motives. Bunch of hypocrites!