+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married before landing in Canada.

Aakash Evans

Sep 22, 2014
I did my soft landing in November and came back in December for my marriage. I am applying for PRTD now as i have not received the PR card. Can i mention marriage as a reason for PRTD? Does it have any implication?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did my soft landing in November and came back in December for my marriage. I am applying for PRTD now as i have not received the PR card. Can i mention marriage as a reason for PRTD? Does it have any implication?
Just apply for a PRTD because you did a soft landing and haven't received your PR Card.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Returned to (your home country here) to finalize and complete prior commitment prior to receiving PR card. Returning now to establish permenent residence.

badal14shah

Mar 7, 2018
I have different situation

My wife got Copr before marriage in Jan 18 in india

I am on my work permit in Canada (exp in 2020)

We both get married in feb 2018 in India and landed in canada together without inform CIC that we got married.

Now they denied my wife for landing.

They email the details about our situation to Canadian high commission in India.

They retain the passport of my wife and said we need to come next week after they received response from India and then decision will be made whether my wife will be granted landing or not.

Right nw she is very upset and we are worried they what if they deport her.

Can anyone please guild me on the matter and also what are the odds in this situation that they can actually deport her ?

Thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

We both get married in feb 2018 in India and landed in canada together without inform CIC that we got married.

They email the details about our situation to Canadian high commission in India.

They retain the passport of my wife and said we need to come next week after they received response from India and then decision will be made whether my wife will be granted landing or not.

Can anyone please guild me on the matter and also what are the odds in this situation that they can actually deport her ?

Thank you in advance
The COPR issued to your wife was for a single person. Once she got married, she was required to return her COPR to the visa office and notify them of her marriage - then process all of the paperwork to add you to the application. The letter she was given along with her COPR stated that she was required to notify the visa office of any changes to family composition. She was correctly denied landing since she failed to notify the visa office about her marriage.

There are two possible things that might happen now. Her landing may be denied and she may be told that she has to apply again for PR from scratch. If this happens, she will be told that she has to leave Canada. It's also possible that CIC may provide your wife with the opportunity to add you to her application. We don't see very many cases like your wife's on the forum - so hard to say what will happen. She should be prepared for the possibility that she will have to apply again for PR from scratch.

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018

Thank you in advance
Hi,

Can you please update on what happened after meeting the CBSA after a week?

Thank you