Nov 28, 2017
Outland
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
23-09-2017
AOR Received.
23-11-2017
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Primary Office: New Delhi
Secondary Office : Ottawa
Economic Immigration (Canadian Experience Class)
Outland Applicant

Sept 2017: created profile
Oct 2017: ITA (Medical Test, PCC, fund, etc)
Nov 2017: Submitted all docs
Dec 2017: Passport Request
Jan 2018 : COPR received
May 2018: Married, informed cic about marital status. COPR cancelled.
June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.
July 2018: Spouse Name added to e-application/profile with a new UCI number.
September 2018: Medical Passed. Background check in progress.
October 2018: My Medicals expired :mad:

No progress/no more request letter since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Is anyone on the same boat? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: sawab don

divyanshu

Mar 21, 2018
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Outland Applicant

June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.

No progress/no more request letter since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Hey I am on the same boat as you, but a little behind in the process. I got my PR in July 2018, got married in Jan 2019, updated CIC at end of January that I got married. Got a message from CIC on Feb 6th that there is a new message in my account, when I logged in I can see they cancelled the COPR, and application is in progress. I am still waiting for them to ask for more documents. Can you please check what was the duration between CIC cancelling your PR and asking for more documents? Also if you can tell what all documents they requested, that would be a big help. Anything other than marriage certificate, spouse medical, PCC? Thanks in advance.

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Any idea about the process and/or timeline if the OP is marrying a Canadian PR (Residing in Canada) after receiving COPR?

sawab don

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Hey I am on the same boat as you, but a little behind in the process. I got my PR in July 2018, got married in Jan 2019, updated CIC at end of January that I got married. Got a message from CIC on Feb 6th that there is a new message in my account, when I logged in I can see they cancelled the COPR, and application is in progress. I am still waiting for them to ask for more documents. Can you please check what was the duration between CIC cancelling your PR and asking for more documents? Also if you can tell what all documents they requested, that would be a big help. Anything other than marriage certificate, spouse medical, PCC? Thanks in advance.
Hey man did you get the request later? I am looking for the answer of the question you asked exactly!

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello if I get married before landing and add my wife as accompanying will my points get recalculated?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
No your points wont be recalculated. But you wont be able to land either, as cic will ask you to return your copr and passport.
No your points wont be recalculated. But you wont be able to land either, as cic will ask you to return your copr and passport.
That part I know. Btw is it necessary to add her as accompanying or I can make her as non accompanying? In case of non accompanying do I still need to return my copr

Hetalc17

Jul 16, 2018

My timeline:
Outland Applicant

Hi.. Did you get any reply for Cic??

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
I guys I got my passport request and I would be getting married in December. I plan to land in Canada next year Januray but my husband will not accompany me, he is applying for his PR separately. Will that still lead to cancellation of my PR?

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018

My timeline:
Outland Applicant

Hi, Did your application got approved after spouse addition. I might fall in same category in sometime so would like to know your experience. thanks.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hi, Did your application got approved after spouse addition. I might fall in same category in sometime so would like to know your experience. thanks.
I added my wife after getting COPR. Got married in November 2018, Informed CIC about marriage on December, Got request to submit my passport for COPR cancellation on Jan2019. CIC requested me to submit my wife's documents and medical on Feb2019. They gave one month time and I submitted the requested documents on 15 Feb 2019 except birth certificate. Again CIC requested for her Birth Certificate by 15 Mar 2019 and submitted on 15th March. Still waiting for update on my application. During this time my medical expired and status changed from Passed to You don't need medical exam. My guess is, after updating your application about your marriage, it's gonna take more than 6 months.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
I added my wife after getting COPR. Got married in November 2018, Informed CIC about marriage on December, Got request to submit my passport for COPR cancellation on Jan2019. CIC requested me to submit my wife's documents and medical on Feb2019. They gave one month time and I submitted the requested documents on 15 Feb 2019 except birth certificate. Again CIC requested for her Birth Certificate by 15 Mar 2019 and submitted on 15th March. Still waiting for update on my application. During this time my medical expired and status changed from Passed to You don't need medical exam. My guess is, after updating your application about your marriage, it's gonna take more than 6 months.
Hi @YuvarajSR, thanks for the info. Hope you get it soon. Do they have any standard SLA for this process just like 6 months SLA for EE processing? And did they not ask you to do the medicals again? Have you done all this process by yourself? One more question, did you had to show extra funds? if that's the case then, is it okay to show the rest of the money from another account either with mine or my hubby's?

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Hi @YuvarajSR, thanks for the info. Hope you get it soon. Do they have any standard SLA for this process just like 6 months SLA for EE processing? And did they not ask you to do the medicals again? Have you done all this process by yourself? One more question, did you had to show extra funds? if that's the case then, is it okay to show the rest of the money from another account either with mine or my hubby's?
Thank you. There is no specific time line for this process. But I'm sure it's minimum 6 months. I have requested my gcms notes 2 days back. So once I get the notes, I might have some updates. They did not ask to redo my medicals yet but, I'm sure they gonna ask. I did all these processes by myself. They did not ask specifically for extra funds but, when I got my 1st GCMS notes last month, I found that the eligibility near my wife's financial status was updated as "NOT MET" so I immediately wrote back to CIC. I showed extra fund from my primary account (In order to avoid extra confusion). The biggest risk here is, if my wife's application get rejected both cannot travel. As long as we answer and submit all the documents genuinely(which I did 100%), I don't think they have any reason to reject the application.

SViyesha

Aug 28, 2018

Thanks a lot for the information! I am at this stage of deciding if I should add my husband after COPR or do a soft landing! A lot of people suggested to go the Canada and sponsor because even adding the husband after COPR take around 7-8 months now and it’s a risk too and the wait is killing. Some people who suggested adding the husband after COPR told me that I should get COPR for both before the medical expire. But looks like it didn’t happen for you that way so that’s a lie then!