+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after receiving COPR

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks a lot for the information! I am at this stage of deciding if I should add my husband after COPR or do a soft landing! A lot of people suggested to go the Canada and sponsor because even adding the husband after COPR take around 7-8 months now and it’s a risk too and the wait is killing. Some people who suggested adding the husband after COPR told me that I should get COPR for both before the medical expire. But looks like it didn’t happen for you that way so that’s a lie then!
Ofcourse the wait is killing but, getting a job in Canada and sponsoring your husband is totally a different story because, for sponsoring one should have a good job, regular income, etc., etc., (which you have researched already) and also you cannot be with your spouse as you will be in Canada and he will in India till the sponsorship get approved. So I weighed my options and took the decision of getting married and adding my wife to application. So it's purely based on your situation. There is nothing like we should get COPR before the medical expires for both because, CIC can extend you medicals for a year or ask for a new one when required.

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
Thanks a lot for the information! I am at this stage of deciding if I should add my husband after COPR or do a soft landing! A lot of people suggested to go the Canada and sponsor because even adding the husband after COPR take around 7-8 months now and it’s a risk too and the wait is killing. Some people who suggested adding the husband after COPR told me that I should get COPR for both before the medical expire. But looks like it didn’t happen for you that way so that’s a lie then!
Hi am in the same boat. But I am getting my soft landing done. My would be is going for his own PR application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You don't have a choice about adding him. If you do not add your husband to your current PR app, you will be committing misrepresentation, immigration fraud. Your husband will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning that you will never be able to sponsor him.

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
You don't have a choice about adding him. If you do not add your husband to your current PR app, you will be committing misrepresentation, immigration fraud. Your husband will be forever excluded from the Family Class, meaning that you will never be able to sponsor him.
This is absolutely true. I missed this point as I assumed she is not married yet and she is thinking to do soft landing before marriage.

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
This is absolutely true. I missed this point as I assumed she is not married yet and she is thinking to do soft landing before marriage.
So it's fine to do soft landing before marriage and then later go back to Canada?
My case is that ..my soft landing is planned in October and my wedding is in December

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
So it's fine to do soft landing before marriage and then later go back to Canada?
My case is that ..my soft landing is planned in October and my wedding is in December

I'm not sure how your case works because, the ideal way is, once you land as single, come back and get married, you should opt for sponsorship program. As you are mentioning he is also applying for PR, I am not sure how that works.

SViyesha

Aug 28, 2018
I
Currently I have time from the copr to my marriage. Hence, I thought I'll do a quick soft landing and come back.

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
I'm not sure how your case works because, the ideal way is, once you land as single, come back and get married, you should opt for sponsorship program. As you are mentioning he is also applying for PR, I am not sure how that works.
Okay we are keeping all options open. sponsorship program takes too long so if it happens either way

Tanmayee Nyayadhish

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24 -07 - 2018
Med's Request
12 - 6 - 2019
Med's Done....
29 - 6 - 2019
Passport Req..
17 - 7 - 2019
VISA ISSUED...
1 - 8- 2019
I would suggest to get clarification on your wouldbe's PR. I'm not sure if you get married, still his PR application will be processed same or not.
Okay. I would be using an agency service so I am hoping that they would help me with this

YuvarajSR

Aug 1, 2018
Okay. I would be using an agency service so I am hoping that they would help me with this
I think it's not a great idea using an agency as they gonna take a huge sum of money for this help.
There are lot of experienced people in this forum. You can take help from them to get this specific information.