+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting Married after receiving canadian Visa...

chub chub

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Nomination.....
April 4 , 2011
AOR Received.
May 25, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
August 10 ,2011
Med's Done....
August 13 ,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 17,2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 9 , 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 1 , 2012
I would to ask if it is ok to get married before leaving the country?
what are the procedures in embassy?
Is there any problem when I got married here in the Philippines before landing to Canada?
thank you pls help me..if someone have the same experience..thank you so much

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get your PR already?

If YES...Do not get married before landing!!!! If you do get married before landing you have to reapply for PR including your wife..

chub chub

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Nomination.....
April 4 , 2011
AOR Received.
May 25, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
August 10 ,2011
Med's Done....
August 13 ,2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 17,2011
VISA ISSUED...
November 9 , 2011
LANDED..........
FEB 1 , 2012
yes I got my PR certificate and Visa..what should I do ? landed first then go back here in the phils. and then marry him..by the way I'm a girl...thanks for your response..

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chub chub said:
yes I got my PR certificate and Visa..what should I do ? landed first then go back here in the phils. and then marry him..by the way I'm a girl...thanks for your response..
Yes land first then return to marry him...

If you do it before landing you will have to start the process over basically.

ram_gsv

Dec 13, 2011
Hi,

Same Problem with me, i came to Canada through PNP, with a temporary work permit. i applied for PR in India, now they requested me for PP for stamp. now what should i do,

1) is it good idea to marry before landing canada with PR , and applied for dependent work permit for her
2) can she get a temp work permit now and PR later after processing in new delhi
3) need to apply for PR for her after landing in CAnada?
4) can she apply work visiting visa before marriage to travel with me to canada for three month mean while i will start PR proessing

Please advice

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ram_gsv said:
Hi,

Same Problem with me, i came to Canada through PNP, with a temporary work permit. i applied for PR in India, now they requested me for PP for stamp. now what should i do,

1) is it good idea to marry before landing canada with PR , and applied for dependent work permit for her
2) can she get a temp work permit now and PR later after processing in new delhi
3) need to apply for PR for her after landing in CAnada?
4) can she apply work visiting visa before marriage to travel with me to canada for three month mean while i will start PR proessing

Please advice
Getting married after you land in Canada and receive your PR status is probably the easiest thing to do.

If you get married after receiving your visa but before landing in Canada, then you must return the visa, inform the visa office that you are now married and add your new spouse to the application (submit forms, police certificates, medical, etc.). Once the application for your spouse is processed, you will both receive a visa and be able to land in Canada as PRs together.

If you get married after receiving your visa but before landing in Canada and you decide to go ahead and land, two things will happen:

1) You will NEVER be able to sponsor your spouse for PR.
2) You will be guilty of misrepresentation since you landed as "single" but were in fact "married". This could result in your PR status being revoked.

mongtin

Oct 27, 2011
saka101 said:

question?

after you landed to canada with PR, do you have to wait for a year to sponsor your spouse? or you can apply for sponsorship immediately? is your income in canada will be check by the immigration as part of the process?
i need your advice thank you!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mongtin said:
question?

after you landed to canada with PR, do you have to wait for a year to sponsor your spouse? or you can apply for sponsorship immediately? is your income in canada will be check by the immigration as part of the process?
i need your advice thank you!
fr spousal sponsorship, there is no amount required. just make sure u av a job doing that is all. spousal sponsorship can begin anytime provided u are landed and u av a job... but for other family member, there are financial requirements

mongtin

Oct 27, 2011
saka101 said:

Question?

for a new comer, do you have stay in canada for a year before applying for a vacation to marry your fiance or less than a year you can already have your vacation?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mongtin said:
Question?

for a new comer, do you have stay in canada for a year before applying for a vacation to marry your fiance or less than a year you can already have your vacation?
That depends on your employer and their willingness to give you vacation. It has nothing to do will immigration as there aren't any time limits on when you can get married after becoming a PR.

jocana

Sep 3, 2011
saka101 said:

Is it to land only for a week , then go back to get married?