+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Thank you for summing it up all !!
Hi, I am FSW Express Entry Outland applicant. I got my COPR as single status in August 2017. Got married in June 2018. I added my spouse before landing in June 2018 (COPR expiry- August 2018). I dint get visa after 1 year of adding spouse also. We both gave medical exam again in Aug 2019. Still my application is in processing mode only. Whenever I write email to them I get response email from agent that my application is under process. Now, my wife is pregnant and mostly will deliver in May or June 2020. I have given my medicals 3 times until now and looks like I have to give for 4th time in Aug 2020. I am in dilemma that I have to add my baby also before landing in case I get my COPR before June 2020. Can you pls help ?

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Thanks Gowtham !!
Hi, I am FSW Express Entry Outland applicant. I got my COPR as single status in August 2017. Got married in June 2018. I added my spouse before landing in June 2018 (COPR expiry- August 2018). I dint get visa after 1 year of adding spouse also. We both gave medical exam again in Aug 2019. Still my application is in processing mode only. Whenever I write email to them I get response email from agent that my application is under process. Now, my wife is pregnant and mostly will deliver in May or June 2020. I have given my medicals 3 times until now and looks like I have to give for 4th time in Aug 2020. I am in dilemma that I have to add my baby also before landing in case I get my COPR before June 2020. Can you pls help ?

parasgopani94

Jul 9, 2019
Thank you. Just to be clear, in a case like mine where I'd notify CIC of marriage before PPR or landing (i.e. after application approval), I wouldn't need to claim points for spouse since I'm already approved but I'd need to provide PC and POF which is sensible I guess?
How did you submit all the spouse documents to IRCC. I got PPR and I am waiting for a reply from them to ask for documents after I have updated my marriage to them.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How to add new born baby to my application ? What documents IRCC asks for adding baby ?
ymenghani has posted a response that IRCC provided them with for the same question :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/adding-new-born-baby-after-submitting-the-pr-application.580233/

If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

· If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.

• If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

Last edited:

rpj07

Nov 6, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-12-2019
Hi! My girlfriend is in Canada as a PR. We had applied separately, she got her PPR first and landed before Covid struck. I have Dec 2019 AOR and am stuck due to COVID restrictions, am awaiting my PPR like so many others. We are both from India. We want to get married soon. I understand I will have to inform CIC in case we get married in India before I get my PPR. But since she is already a Permanent Resident, how will this affect my application? Kindly help me out.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi! My girlfriend is in Canada as a PR. We had applied separately, she got her PPR first and landed before Covid struck. I have Dec 2019 AOR and am stuck due to COVID restrictions, am awaiting my PPR like so many others. We are both from India. We want to get married soon. I understand I will have to inform CIC in case we get married in India before I get my PPR. But since she is already a Permanent Resident, how will this affect my application? Kindly help me out.
If I am not wrong, since she is already a pr, you will be getting points as someone whose spouse is non-accompanying: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

So, although they will add an update that you are married, i do not think it will lead to any significant change in ur processing timeline

rpj07

Nov 6, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-12-2019
If I am not wrong, since she is already a pr, you will be getting points as someone whose spouse is non-accompanying: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

So, although they will add an update that you are married, i do not think it will lead to any significant change in ur processing timeline
Yes, since I am already awaiting my Passport Request email, I do not think her points being added will make a difference. I am just worried if it might delay my application processing. Thank you so much for the reply @daveishan ! Relieved!

Rayraygreen

Sep 1, 2018
Hi members, created a telegram group to connect better for applicants married post AOR/CoPR .. kindly personal message me to be added. No spam please