+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi,

I added my spouse before landing in August 2018. I dint get visa after 1 year also. We both gave medical exam again in Aug 2019. Still my application is in processing mode only. Whenever I write email to them I get response from agent that it is under process. Now, my wife is pregnant and mostly will deliver in May or June 2020. What is the process to add baby also ? Anybody pls help ! with the right links to know exact steps ?

Mirza1991

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hi,

I added my spouse before landing in August 2018. I dint get visa after 1 year also. We both gave medical exam again in Aug 2019. Still my application is in processing mode only. Whenever I write email to them I get response from agent that it is under process. Now, my wife is pregnant and mostly will deliver in May or June 2020. What is the process to add baby also ? Anybody pls help ! with the right links to know exact steps ?
Are you inland?

Kulluboy

Sep 24, 2019
Hi guys need your help.

I got married on 2nd of May while my pr was under process. I got PPR on 23rd of September. As change in maritial status my visa agent who is in canada asked to WRITE A PPR denial mail I did that and submitted all the documents of my wife who' is already in Canada on work permit on 23rd of October my application was submitted. Now my agent informed me that medical request for my wife will take time. I want to know how long does it takes for the medical exam request and how much more time it will take for the new PPR. Please help
Thanks in advance.

Kulluboy

Sep 24, 2019
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Primary Office: New Delhi
Secondary Office : Ottawa
Economic Immigration (Canadian Experience Class)
Outland Applicant

Sept 2017: created profile
Oct 2017: ITA (Medical Test, PCC, fund, etc)
Nov 2017: Submitted all docs
Dec 2017: Passport Request
Jan 2018 : COPR received
May 2018: Married, informed cic about marital status. COPR cancelled.
June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.
July 2018: Spouse Name added to e-application/profile with a new UCI number.
September 2018: Medical Passed. Background check in progress.
October 2018: My Medicals expired :mad:

No progress/no more request letters since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Is anyone on the same boat?
Do you receive your PPR yet?

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hi,

That's too scary
Why is it taking so long!
What's the current status

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi guys
I added my spouse after PPR request and today i received interview call from the officer ..
Can someone please suggest what should i do .. is it a reason to be worried because i am so stressed now ??

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Do not submit passport for visa stamping. Just respond through your lawyer or through express entry profile that your marital status has been changed. So, they will send you the required documents list for adding your spouse. Do not worry, it's normal. You will get another PPR in 2-4 months.
Hi
I added my spouse after PPR request and today i received interview call from the officer ..
Can someone please suggest what should i do .. is it a reason to be worried because i am so stressed now ??

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hi
No, there is nothing to be worried about
They sometimes send interview to inland applicants instead of ppr..they will ask you simple questions about entry and all, have you committed any offence etc. and will issue your copr the very same day
Can you please share your full timeline and vo!

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
No, there is nothing to be worried about
They sometimes send interview to inland applicants instead of ppr..they will ask you simple questions about entry and all, have you committed any offence etc. and will issue your copr the very same day
Can you please share your full timeline and vo!
I am inland applicant as my wife is outland i think u missjudge my case..
I have got PPR req on 6th nov.. we send them.email saying change in marital status 10th nov and forwarded the documents on 19th nov for my spouse inclusion in pr today email is saying that they have put my case for personal interview and my VO IS IN sydney australia

So what should i do now

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
I have got PPR req on 6th nov.. we send them.email saying change in marital status 10th nov and forwarded the documents on 19th nov for my spouse inclusion in pr today email is saying that they have put my case for personal interview and my VO IS IN sydney australia

So what should i do now
Can you share your full timeline and the content of email!

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019

So what should i do now
You are an inland applicant and that's what i said in the earlier messages that they sometimes call inland applicants for an interview instead of sending a ppr mails and in some cases when they have questions about genuineness of the marriage then also they can conduct an interview..in such a case also you just have to prove the genuineness of the marriage to the interviewing officer

That's what i have understood.. others may also throw some light in such a situation

kdr91

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi guys
Hey! what is your status now? how is your case? I have the same problem. I need to send a bunch of documents to Mexico...I am outland applicant

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Can someone please share your timelines of getting PR who got married after COPR?

My timeline:
Primary Office: New Delhi
Secondary Office : Ottawa
Economic Immigration (Canadian Experience Class)
Outland Applicant

Sept 2017: created profile
Oct 2017: ITA (Medical Test, PCC, fund, etc)
Nov 2017: Submitted all docs
Dec 2017: Passport Request
Jan 2018 : COPR received
May 2018: Married, informed cic about marital status. COPR cancelled.
June 2018: Request Letter asking multiple documents (Spouse Medical, PCC, etc) to add Spouse. Submitted the same.
July 2018: Spouse Name added to e-application/profile with a new UCI number.
September 2018: Medical Passed. Background check in progress.
October 2018: My Medicals expired :mad:

No progress/no more request letters since September 2018. Requested for GCMS notes. Received it fortnight ago, even it says the same that Background check in progress.

Is anyone on the same boat?
Hi, I am in a similar boat. I am FSW Express Entry Outland applicant. I got my COPR as single status in August 2017. Got married in June 2018. I added my spouse before landing in June 2018 (COPR expiry- August 2018). I dint get visa after 1 year of adding spouse also. We both gave medical exam again in Aug 2019. Still my application is in processing mode only. Whenever I write email to them I get response email from agent that my application is under process. Now, my wife is pregnant and mostly will deliver in May or June 2020. I have given my medicals 3 times until now and looks like I have to give for 4th time in Aug 2020. I am in dilemma that I have to add my baby also before landing in case I get my COPR before June 2020. If you got any help on any specific links for your case, pls pass it on to me too. I haven't applied GCMS yet. Is it of any help ?