+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

asb1296

Jan 31, 2018
Ans a)I filled it as per national identity card because in my country the name on ID gets on the passport as well. And the name on ID comes from birth certificate.
Ans b) Yes, first and middle names. Better to put the one that is on passport.
Hi let me rephrase my question. Suppose my spouses mothers maiden name is
Aaaaaa bbbbbb cccccc
And her name after her marriage is
Aaaaaa dddddd eeeee.

So when they ask for her family name at birth i will put in cccccc right? And then for given names will i put aaaaaa dddddd or aaaaaa bbbbbb or aaaaaa?

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi let me rephrase my question. Suppose my spouses mothers maiden name is
Aaaaaa bbbbbb cccccc
And her name after her marriage is
Aaaaaa dddddd eeeee.

So when they ask for her family name at birth i will put in cccccc right? And then for given names will i put aaaaaa dddddd or aaaaaa bbbbbb or aaaaaa?
Maybe you need to ask an expert. I would suggest to just go for the latest name Aaaaaa dddddd eeeee since this her official name now.

asb1296

Jan 31, 2018
Not sure i am still sorting out the documentation if didnt fir then we have to request to open more placeholders. Some applicants managed to upload everything in one placeholder after compressing the documents.
Can you redirect me to any thread talking about addition of placeholders? At the moment there is no way all my information is going to fit in 4mb.

asb1296

Jan 31, 2018
Not sure i am still sorting out the documentation if didnt fir then we have to request to open more placeholders. Some applicants managed to upload everything in one placeholder after compressing the documents.
I read a few threads and if you need more space you can either ask them to add another slot or mail them the rest of the documents.

Streetw1se

Jan 9, 2019
Anybody who has recently gone through the marriage after AOR or PPR process, can you please confirm the exact documents required for the spouse/secondary applicant? Thanks.

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
I got married after copr... didn't do landing... spouse was attached to the application on 15 December 2018... today gotta mail from cic stating that my case has been transferred to London visa office...ppl r saying that it can take months and months for LVO to respond or reach a decision...any idea about the timeline in my case? Thanking in anticipation @legalfalcon

solid daddy

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Lahore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-06-2018
IELTS Request
L8 R9 W7.5 S7
Hi,
I got PPR as a single applicant in Oct 2017. Dint land, got married and added spouse in end of July 2018. My file is still under processing last 5 months. My application shows, Date Received as August 27, 2017 (when i had submitted as a single) and Estimated completion date as 27 Feb 2018 (over long time back). Another person with similar spouse submission date got PPR on Dec 6. I don't understand why the date received field is not updated as July 2018 when i had submitted spouse docs ? Now my file is getting delayed. I sent mail to IRCC but got generic response. What can i do more on this ? i feel it is stuck or freezed in some queue. Wondering how it will come to their attention. Pls suggest something. Thanks.
Same scenario just different dates :(

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
I requested the authorities to add my spouse post marriage. I had already received the COPR.

They acknowledged it and just said that my visa and COPR are now invalid and that I should not attempt to use them but they haven't expressly asked me to surrender my COPR and submit my passport to cancel the visa which I had read before that they do.

Should I wait and not submit my passport just right now and prepare and gather the documents that they've requested for?

Regards.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I requested the authorities to add my spouse post marriage. I had already received the COPR.

They acknowledged it and just said that my visa and COPR are now invalid and that I should not attempt to use them but they haven't expressly asked me to surrender my COPR and submit my passport to cancel the visa which I had read before that they do.

Should I wait and not submit my passport just right now and prepare and gather the documents that they've requested for?

Regards.
They will request it eventually after processing your wife.

Praveen.123

Oct 2, 2018
Hi All , I m from India and I got my COPR in Nov 2018 , have to land by July 2019. Planning to get married next month. Would I be asked to go for Bio-metrics in case I add my wife after COPR ( bio metrics is mandatory for indians from 1st jan 19) .
1]Will this coz delays in getting the re-issued COPR ?
2]whats the current average time of processing if I add my wife after COPR but before landing.
3] I can delay the wedding if needed , should I land 1st and go through the sponsorship route. ( my wife doesn't plan to work in canada immediately )

TIA.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
The request will come.
Among other forms and documents, I have been asked to fill IMM5406 and this is what it says in the request letter 'A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures updated to include details of your spouse.' This gives the impression that I, being the principal applicant, have to fill just one form with my spouse's details included in it.

However, when I open the form it says at the top 'A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures updated to include details of your spouse.' This gives the impression that it has to be filled twice ie once by me with my spouse's details and once by my spouse with my details.

Can you pls clarify?

Thanks.