AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
@iamxty got PPR for me and my husband the day before yesterday! I feel relaxed rather than happy after this 11 months' ordeal. I've already booked flight tickets of Nov! Gonna land in Toronto and then swan off to Ottawa.
Good luck to u all !

Timeline:

Sept 27 2017 PPR as single
Oct 10 officially married
Nov 28 issuance of hubby's UCI
Jun 28 2018 interview request
Jul 19 interview
Aug 09 second medical requests
Aug 27 re-PPR

Reactions: iamxty

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
@iamxty got PPR for me and my husband the day before yesterday! I feel relaxed rather than happy after this 11 months' ordeal. I've already booked flight tickets of Nov! Gonna land in Toronto and then swan off to Ottawa.
Good luck to u all !

Timeline:

Jul 19 interview
Aug 27 re-PPR
Congrats @CathyKellyChen ..
So u added spouse to your application after PPR request was initiated for you and it took 11 months after that to get re-PPR for both.... That was very long time.. I was considering marrying and adding spouse to my application but it seems it takes a lot time and delays the process a lot even for principal applicant.. Is that so? Does adding spouse causes that much delay?
Anyways congrats for PPR.. please advise .. Thanks.

thetayo

Feb 19, 2018
Hi guys, i have a question. i had updated CPC about my change in status before traveling and i didn't get an update from them before i left. i noted during my stopover that my visa had been canceled. i went back to my home country and then waited a few days and then later got my update from them requesting documents. i was wondering, my visa was stamped before i left my country but wasn't stamped when i got to the transit country (which is normal cos i didn't enter that country) and then was stamped when i got back to my home country. do i need to write a letter of explanation together with my wife's documents about this?

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
So u added spouse to your application after PPR request was initiated for you and it took 11 months after that to get re-PPR for both.... That was very long time.. I was considering marrying and adding spouse to my application but it seems it takes a lot time and delays the process a lot even for principal applicant.. Is that so? Does adding spouse causes that much delay?
Thank u for your congrats.

1. You do run a risk to get married after your case is finalised
First, your PPR (or COPR) will be cancelled, and all of your documents, old or newly submitted, re-assessed. In other words, you are putting yourself on the same boat with your spouse, and if he/she fails his/her PCC or medical, both of u r done; if he/she has some sensitive background, say, experience in the army, government , or aviation industry,red flags will fly, meaning your spouse will have to go through security screening, and apparently u yourself wouldn't get re-PPR until this screening is over.

2.Processing time varies from office to office
How long u have to wait before getting re-PPR also largely depends on your visa office. It may be some rule of thumb, but I'd say offices like Central Processing Centre of Ottawa is more lenient and time-efficient in signing off applications involving marriage after PPR.

In my case, unfortunately, HKVO is a bit conservative and skeptical.Hence the 11 months' ordeal. I know it took only weeks or less than 6 months for some peer applicants to get their re-PPRs, comparing to an average processing time of 13 months(data from IRCC's offical website) for spouse sponsorship. So I'd say tying the knot before landing is obviously the lesser evil.

3. Submitting enough and strong evidence of relationship expedites your application
As I learnt from my GCMS note, the ampler evidence they see, the sooner they would process. And photos of a wedding ceremony are a smoking gun which minimises the risk of an interview ! Do include photos of necking and diamond rings !If u wanna see the full content of proofs, go find my posting on P48.

Hope things work out well for u two!

Last edited:

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017

First, your PPR (or COPR) will be cancelled, and all of your documents, old or newly submitted, re-assessed. In other words, you are putting yourself on the same boat with your spouse, and if he/she fails his/her PCC or medical, both of u r done; if he/she has some sensitive background, say, experience in the army, government , or aviation industry,red flags will fly, meaning your spouse will have to go through security screening, and apparently u yourself wouldn't get re-PPR until this screening is over.

How long u have to wait before getting re-PPR also largely depends on your visa office. It may be some rule of thumb, but I'd say offices like Central Processing Centre of Ottawa is more lenient and time-efficient in signing off applications involving marriage after PPR.

In my case, unfortunately, HKVO is a bit conservative and skeptical.Hence the 11 months' ordeal. I know it took only weeks or less than 6 months for some peer applicants to get their re-PPRs, comparing to an average processing time of 13 months(data from IRCC's offical website) for spouse sponsorship. So I'd say tying the knot before landing is obviously the lesser evil.

3. Submitting enough and strong evidence of relationship expedites your application
As I learnt from my GCMS note, the ampler evidence they see, the sooner they would process. And photos of a wedding ceremony are a smoking gun which minimises the risk of an interview ! Do include photos of necking and diamond rings !If u wanna see the full content of proofs, go find my posting on P48.

This is great... Thanks for such a detailed explanation.... This clears number of doubts from my mind.. Thanks a lot..

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Is spouse birth certificate really required when u inform Cic about status change whether is accompanying u or not??

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Is spouse birth certificate really required when u inform Cic about status change whether is accompanying u or not??
If u r talking about the stage of 'informing', there's nothing required. U r actually writing to ask for a list of documents required from IRCC, and the content of that list varies from office to office.

The gist of this letter could be ' Hi, I got PPR on(date) and married on (date).Plz tell me what documents I have to submit for my recent marriage.' That's it !

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
After you inform CIC about your marriage, CIC usually sends a list of documents required to be submitted within 30 days. Among those documents, the birth certificate of the spouse is also there.

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Guys, I was in Security Screening since 30 Aug, 2017 and passed Security on 22 July, 2018. I added my spouse during the application and submitted her medicals on 25th July, 2018. On a call to CIC last week, I got to know that her Criminality and Security checks have not been initiated yet.

Any idea how much time it might take to get PPR?

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
So u mean it’s at the discretion of visa office?
Guess u wanna prepare documents needed in advance, the list could vary from office to office, and I'm giving u mine FOR REFERENCE ONLY: (Plz ingnore Hukou if your VO is not HKVO, and u'd be well-advised not to submit your spouse's medical until IRCC asks u to)

From principal applicant:

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008).................................................................Page 2

Additional Family Information (IMM5406).............................................................................Page9

From principal applicant and spouse:

Relationship Information Form (IMM5532)............................................................................Page10

From spouse:

Additional Family Information (IMM5406)............................................................................Page17

Schedule A (IMM5669)with personal history and addresses since age 18............................Page 18

Original police certificate(notarised).....................................................................................Page 24

One recent photo( passport-size,50mm*70mm)..........................................................................Page27

Original birth certificate(notarised)........................................................................................Page 28

Marriage certificate(notarised)...............................................................................................Page31

Notarised Hukou(translation included)..................................................................................Page 39

Copy of the bio-data page of passport...................................................................................Page 49

Copy of Receipt of Application fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee( RPRF)...............Page50

Medical Examination Information Sheet.................................................................................Page51

Proof of relationship...............................................................................................Page53

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Good luck to u all !

Timeline:

Jul 19 interview
Aug 27 re-PPR
Congrats! All the best to your new life in Canada.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Adding your spouse will cause a delay but it is still faster than spouse sponsorship.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Agree to this! #3 is very important to prove that your relationship is genuine. I was never asked to attend an interview or submit additional documents. I also submitted relevant pictures before and after marriage. :)

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

ShonaF2018

Sep 2, 2018
Hi,
I got my ppr and have a plan to get married before I land.. In order to be clear and honest with CIC, I sent them an email prior to wedding day and informed them about upcoming change in my status. In response, they put an email (pdf file) in my profile stating that yo should land before you get married and then apply for sponsorship. If you should wait until after the wedding and add your spouse to the current application, we must re-open the application and assess your spouse, and you will be placed newly into the queue for processing. As such, we are unable to guarantee that the application will be re-approved.
This last sentence makes me feel worried that our common application may not be approved. On the other hand, applying for sponsorship makes us distant for at least a year which is so frustrating...
Any advise? Has anybody received the same response before?

Last edited: