+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

Athena_1

Jul 24, 2018
When adding a spouse after AOR on an existing EE case, is the spouse evaluated as a sponsored/dependent applicant (family class) or economic class?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi guys, just come back from my interview. How have you been doing ?@acheandre

The interview letter had asked me for practically everything, from additional documentation for my stated work and education histories, language skills, to my eligibility as an OINP, to materials demonstrating my employability in Canada, to proof of relationships. So the last two weeks had been an uphill fight---I was driving aross the city to find papers needed; I was persuading people hard into giving me proofs they considered strange;I was doing clerical work around-the-clock. And this is the content of my final,142-page document:

It is remarkable that the GCMS notes I read last night says: the PA married new spouse after application for permanent residence is finalized.No formal wedding held. Disparate levels of education. Different socio-economic backgrounds. Limited evidence of relationship. Interview required to assess BFs of relationship.

And the interviewer has asked me an interesting question: your husband comes from a small village, doesn't he ?:rolleyes:
This is interesting. I also married my husband halfway my application. We are in a long distance relationship, only met once before getting married, and had a very simple wedding with less than 10 guests. There is no disparity in education but our religion and culture are very different. Fortunately, we did not have to attend any interview like this.

Please post any update on this thread. I wish you the best.

patel1

Oct 30, 2017
Windsor
My girlfriend is a US citizen and I just got the PPR. We will be getting married next week. Do i need to update cic about the application? We both will be returning back to india and I would never need to sponsor her in the future. Just worried that it will delay my process as my work permit expires in October 2018. Do i need to inform CIC or can I just get married and do my landing process myself as she wont come to canada or will be sponsored ever?

Let me know which option you would choose. Thanks in advance.

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
This is interesting. I also married my husband halfway my application. We are in a long distance relationship, only met once before getting married, and had a very simple wedding with less than 10 guests. There is no disparity in education but our religion and culture are very different. Fortunately, we did not have to attend any interview like this.

Please post any update on this thread. I wish you the best.
We received our second medical requests on 9th Aug, and now the account says we have passed them. The only thing left is wait for the grand finale.

As I learnt from my GCMS note, a wedding ,however small-scale , would be the key evidence of a relationship, and I suppose that's why you haven't been required to attend an interview.

Thank you for your kind regards, and I hope everything would work out well for you two.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxty

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
We received our second medical request on 9th Aug, and now the account says we have passed them. The only thing left is wait for the grand finale.

As I learnt from my GCMS note, a wedding ,however small-scale , would be the key evidence of a relationship, and I suppose that's why you haven't been required to attend an interview.

Thank you for your kind regards, and I wish everything would work out well for you two.
Hello @CathyKellyChen .. Did you add spouse after AOR? If yes, were you required to provide spouse's ECA and IELTS... I mean to ask did it affect your CRS? Please advise. Thanks.

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello @CathyKellyChen .. Did you add spouse after AOR? If yes, were you required to provide spouse's ECA and IELTS... I mean to ask did it affect your CRS? Please advise. Thanks.
Hello @iamxty and @CathyKellyChen .. and other experts on this thread ...hope u can help me with following...

I have already applied and am at IP1 stage. I wanted advice on

Whether my CRS change in case I add my spouse on getting married after AOR to my application. Means do I have to get ECA and IELTS for my spouse also?

Also will it make my application ineligible as to not meeting Minimum Entry Requirements as I read somewhere on CIC site?

Please advise. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamxty

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
Hello @iamxty and @CathyKellyChen .. and other experts on this thread ...hope u can help me with following...

Whether my CRS change in case I add my spouse on getting married after AOR to my application. Means do I have to get ECA and IELTS for my spouse also?

Also will it make my application ineligible as to not meeting Minimum Entry Requirements as I read somewhere on CIC site?

Please advise. Thanks.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-if-status-changes-to-married-after-ita.403478/#post-5045755

Check out this thread and you'll find all the answers you need.
Note the red font.

If you are interested in drier legal technicalities which support those answers, click this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Plz pay close attention to this sentence:
'If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.'

CathyKellyChen

Mar 7, 2017
China
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2015
Nomination.....
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-02-2017
Interview........
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2018

Please advise. Thanks.
Will my CRS change in case I add my spouse on getting married after AOR to my application. Means do I have to get ECA and IELTS for my spouse also?
No.

Will it make my application ineligible as to not meeting Minimum Entry Requirements as I read somewhere on CIC site?
You'll maintain your eligibility as long as:
1. your spouse passes his/her PCC
2. your spouse passes his/her medical exam
3. you convince the visa officer that your relationship is bona fide with enough evidence

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Will my CRS change in case I add my spouse on getting married after AOR to my application. Means do I have to get ECA and IELTS for my spouse also?
No.

Will it make my application ineligible as to not meeting Minimum Entry Requirements as I read somewhere on CIC site?
You'll maintain your eligibility as long as:
1. your spouse passes his/her PCC
2. your spouse passes his/her medical exam
3. you convince the visa officer that your relationship is bona fide with enough evidence
Thanks a lot @CathyKellyChen ... That's really reassuring..

Now, this means IELTS and ECA won't be required for spouse. Am I right?

Please advise. Thanks.

KA_1988

Jul 29, 2018
Hi,

I have received the COPR and have yet not completed my landing.

However i got married to my girlfriend last week. Ive written an email to delhi office and submitted a web form informing CIC about the change in circumstances.

Its been three days i have yet not received any confirmation. Request you'll to please advise as i am very worried.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks a lot @CathyKellyChen ... That's really reassuring..

Now, this means IELTS and ECA won't be required for spouse. Am I right?

Please advise. Thanks.
IELTS and ECA are not required. You need to update your POF for 2 persons. Good luck.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
We received our second medical requests on 9th Aug, and now the account says we have passed them. The only thing left is wait for the grand finale.

Thank you for your kind regards, and I hope everything would work out well for you two.
We already landed in Toronto 3 months ago. Hope you’ll get the golden email soon. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: CathyKellyChen