Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Aroonabi said:
ar all, please guide me on this...
I have already applied for PR in january. While my process i going on, i am going to get married next month. My to be husband is currently studying in Finland. My question is do i need to provide his resident permit card( that needs to be translated and notarised) or only visa stamp in the passport is sufficient? And do i need to submit his college docs too?
I suggest you inform CIC through CSE about the wedding. They'll send you a spousal kit with all the necessary additional documents you need to submit.

EmynwaJesus

Sep 22, 2016
Nitz_Au said:
Mine got approved today. Its over 3 months in my case. Processing time varies, in my case it's maybe due to travel and work history of my spouse in Saudi Arabia.
Congrats.
I have to wait for the three months mark before re-contacting cic again. Contacted cic last month, they said that they are processing it and will inform me if there are any updates

EmynwaJesus

Sep 22, 2016
Nitz_Au said:
I suggest you inform CIC through CSE about the wedding. They'll send you a spousal kit with all the necessary additional documents you need to submit.
Only inform them after the wedding. Try and gather all the necessary documents as they might only give you 30 days or 7 days depending on their criteria.

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
EmynwaJesus said:
Only inform them after the wedding. Try and gather all the necessary documents as they might only give you 30 days or 7 days depending on their criteria.
Yes i will inform them after marriage. I am trying make all the docs ready. My tobe husband wil be on home country for some months. He wont be able to go back during that period if they ask for notarised doc. So i wanted to know will visa stamp on passport be aufficient to prove that he lives in finland or does he need to translate n notarise the resident permit as well? Translating is a bit difficult process in finland .

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Nitz_Au said:
Mine got approved today. Its over 3 months in my case. Processing time varies, in my case it's maybe due to travel and work history of my spouse in Saudi Arabia.
Congrats Nitz_Au !

Feb 8, 2017
Hello all, I want to confirm can I get married once my visa is stamped and I have not landed yet(after 1-2 months of visa stamp). I hope it will not cause any problem to reopen the file and add the spouse in it.

akashbhalla89

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Need your help. I am a student in Canada and i have got iTA and i am filling it out soon in couple of days.

I have traditional marriage fixed for october but i think by that time i will get my PR.
So , i am planning to go back to INDIA and get legal marriage earlier.

So, i wanted to know what would be the best time to go and do that and also usually how much time from here does it take to reach that stage ?

Thanks

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akashbhalla89 said:
Hello Everyone,

Need your help. I am a student in Canada and i have got iTA and i am filling it out soon in couple of days.

I have traditional marriage fixed for october but i think by that time i will get my PR.
So , i am planning to go back to INDIA and get legal marriage earlier.

So, i wanted to know what would be the best time to go and do that and also usually how much time from here does it take to reach that stage ?

Thanks
Submit your documents first then get married. But ensure that you have prepared the necessary documentation for your spouse before informing IRCC

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Kindly help Attend to this request
LVO has asked for the following documents i got married and added my spouse

 Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes – Provincial Nominees form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I can get this easily)
 Client Information: Proof of liquid funds to meet LICO for 2 (minimum CAD 15,200). This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I already have this Also)

 My Spouse :
 Payment Receipt: RPRF - CAD 490. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I already paid 550 CAD for my Spouse's application am i supposed to pay another 490 CAD )
 Client Information: Updated passport copy (bio page) showing your married name. Note: the visa (if and when issued) will reflect the name shown in the passport. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 ( Getting this would take time, Can i ask IRCC togo ahead and issue the VISA in my wives median name? )

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
Managerchap said:
Hello All,
Kindly help Attend to this request
LVO has asked for the following documents i got married and added my spouse

 Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes – Provincial Nominees form. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I can get this easily)
 Client Information: Proof of liquid funds to meet LICO for 2 (minimum CAD 15,200). This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I already have this Also)

 My Spouse :
 Payment Receipt: RPRF - CAD 490. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 (I already paid 550 CAD for my Spouse's application am i supposed to pay another 490 CAD )
 Client Information: Updated passport copy (bio page) showing your married name. Note: the visa (if and when issued) will reflect the name shown in the passport. This must be received at this office by: 2017/06/06 ( Getting this would take time, Can i ask IRCC togo ahead and issue the VISA in my wives median name? )
1. You have to pay the RPRF $490. The $550 you paid was processing fee.
2. Contact your VO office. As far as I know it depends on the country your at. Some countries requires the legal name change after marriage. Ask for an extension if you won't be able to meet the requirement on time.

iyal

Apr 17, 2015
Hi guys, question.

I submitted my e-APR January 1st, got married January 16th, informed them about the change in my family composition through CSE on April 29th (a few days after I had received a request asking for updated passport bio-page scan, eye color and height).

Just 2 days later, on May 2nd, I got the official passport request letter with no mention of the CSE update I had recently sent (understandable since CSE takes a while). So I haven't sent the passport, sent an email instead about the marriage update and few related documents.

The issue I have now is that I still need about 7/8 more weeks to get my spouse's police certificate from US (requested it about a month ago). Any idea how long I would get to sort out my spouse documents? I know the rule of thumb says you get 7 or 30 days if you informed them after receiving passport request. But i’m thinking, technically I did inform them before I received the passport request letter. Anybody here been or known anyone in similar situation?

I also haven’t heard back from cic after sending an email response to their passport request letter. (sent emails to both ottawa and my VO, accra)

yosensei

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Quebec
Visa Office......
sydney
My timeline

FSW-Inland
AOR : Jan 21
CELPIP and TEF request : March 15 (And send the same day)
Medical Passed : March 16
Background check (Not Started) : March 16
Background check (Not Applicable) : April 6
RPRF : April 19
inform CIC about Wedding (by CSE - web form) : April 21
inform CIC about Wedding (by email CPC-ottawa) : April 29 (It's the best way to inform them)
Requested my wife document : May 4
Document submitted : May 11

al1

Mar 23, 2017
16 May 2017: RCMP Request. Didn't say for whom, but both of us are going to do it just in case.

I ordered my GCMS notes and the last notes mentions this. Does this note mean the application is approved pending pcc from rcmp?

**OFFICER REVIEW** -APPLICATION: <deleted application number> FOSS/GCMS NAI FAMILY COMPOSITION: Married (M/C on
file) - No prior relationships/children declared Proof of relationship reviewed. Satisfied PA and Spouse are in a
bonafide relationship. No concerns. Identity established via provided documents *****ADMISSIBILITY*****
CRIMINALITY: PA: PASSED, NRT - All
required PCs/RCMP Screening *** RCMP Screening Fingerprints
required***

hearobear

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
submitted my marriage contract to CPC ottawa email address, will wait for the reply today.
i hope it doesn't complicate anything as my spouse was initially added as my common-law to the application so all documents were acknowledged (eAOR) during submission.