Getting married after PPR

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pxyarala said:
Hi Managerchap,

I would if I could find a person of my choice before my PPR. You know this is an emotional thing and it takes time. Please tell me is it true that they give only 7 days time to add your spouse or submit her documents after your PPR?. Also can I inform IRCC or the VO before I submit my passport for stamping of PPR that I am planning to marry in the next 6 months time? I guess they will not take my Passport as my martial status would change. If yes how much time would they give to submit the documents.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
IRCC gave me 30 days to add my spouse (I informed IRCC the same day I got Married)
You cannot inform IRCC UNTILL you actually get married informing them you plan to get married holds no water
So far you are not yet actually married they would collect your passport and proceed with your application.
Hope Ive been able to answer your questions

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Hi All,

So I've informed IRCC of my marriage via email and they replied pretty fast and gave me 30 days to upload the required documents. I have two questions:

Q1) The letter states this: " If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online". Spouse is already in Canada, Do I need to pay both the processing fee and RPRF fees for my spouse?

Q2) I had only been allocated one slot (Letter of Explanation ) to upload the required documents. Do I combine everything into one word/pdf file and upload it to myCIC or should I ask the IRCC if they can add more slots?

Link to img since I'm not allowed to post images yet

imgur.com/a/EcwLQ

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
pxyarala said:
Hi nagarjun rao,

How much time VO/IRCC give you to submit your spouse's documents?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
Hi Pavan Kumat Yarala,

30 days!

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Managerchap said:
IRCC gave me 30 days to add my spouse (I informed IRCC the same day I got Married)
You cannot inform IRCC UNTILL you actually get married informing them you plan to get married holds no water
So far you are not yet actually married they would collect your passport and proceed with your application.
Hope Ive been able to answer your questions
Hi Managerchap,

Documents like PCC, FBI PCC take long time. FBI PCC itself takes 3-4 months time. Can I submit the available documents and write an LOE that I will submit remaining documents when as soon as I get them. Will they accept this request?. If they cannot give more time can I inform IRCC after I collect all my documents say 3-4 months of my marriage?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pxyarala said:
Hi Managerchap,

Documents like PCC, FBI PCC take long time. FBI PCC itself takes 3-4 months time. Can I submit the available documents and write an LOE that I will submit remaining documents when as soon as I get them. Will they accept this request?. If they cannot give more time can I inform IRCC after I collect all my documents say 3-4 months of my marriage?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
I would advice you start working on these documents before you get married. Because Immediately you inform them the maximum they would give you is 30 days. Youdont have to wait till you get married to do medicals and PCC for your spouse

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hey Nitz_Au,
Did you add your spouse after PPR or before PPR?
Can you please provide your detailed timeline?
I completed adding my spouse post ppr! I am trying to understand how long it takes to get the file processed. I understand that it takes 6-8 weeks depending on the file and VO

Reactions: ABIMBOLAAA

Dolly Dhikker

Jan 5, 2017
Hi all,

I have a question-- very urgent

NDVO asked me to submit my spouse documents with in 21 days, i got Email on 17.03.2017, it took lot of time to complete the required documents.

i will be able to send the documents on 06.04.2017 which is 21st day , will it cause any issue or 21 days means 21 working days???

Please please suggest & reply it is very urgent to know

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dolly Dhikker said:
Hi all,

I have a question-- very urgent

NDVO asked me to submit my spouse documents with in 21 days, i got Email on 17.03.2017, it took lot of time to complete the required documents.

i will be able to send the documents on 06.04.2017 which is 21st day , will it cause any issue or 21 days means 21 working days???

Please please suggest & reply it is very urgent to know
Check for the due date in your application package online, the due date is written there. Thats the only way to be absolutely sure. However from my own experience, 21 day is 21 actual days not working days

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Anyone have timeline or currently in process?

March 20th: PPR Request
March 25th: Got Married
March 26th: Informed IRCC of change in Martial Status
March 28th: Received request from IRCC to upload documents for spouse
April 10th: Uploaded all the documents for spouse
April 14th: BG changed to "We are processing your background check ... "

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
al1 said:
Anyone have timeline or currently in process?

March 20th: PPR Request
March 25th: Got Married
March 26th: Informed IRCC of change in Martial Status
March 28th: Received request from IRCC to upload documents for spouse
April 10th: Uploaded all the documents for spouse
April 14th: BG changed to "We are processing your background check ... "
March 14 PPR
March 14 marital status change
March 17 request for spouse documents
March 25 added spouse
April 4 PPR

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nagarjun rao said:
March 14 PPR
March 14 marital status change
March 17 request for spouse documents
March 25 added spouse
April 4 PPR
wow getting your spouse processed took less than 15 days , I Added my spouse before PPR and it seems to be taking forever to get PPR

EmynwaJesus

Sep 22, 2016
Managerchap said:
wow getting your spouse processed took less than 15 days , I Added my spouse before PPR and it seems to be taking forever to get PPR
PPR in dec 23
Add spouse document Jan 27
Still in progress.
Ordered gcms show all approved and set to print que.. still waiting
Mine it is over 2 months after

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
EmynwaJesus said:
PPR in dec 23
Still in progress.
What visa office is this? I'm waiting to hear from SGVO since March 29 doc submission.
It seems like the processing time vary by your VO.

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
ar all, please guide me on this...
I have already applied for PR in january. While my process i going on, i am going to get married next month. My to be husband is currently studying in Finland. My question is do i need to provide his resident permit card( that needs to be translated and notarised) or only visa stamp in the passport is sufficient? And do i need to submit his college docs too?

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
EmynwaJesus said:
PPR in dec 23
Still in progress.
Mine got approved today. Its over 3 months in my case. Processing time varies, in my case it's maybe due to travel and work history of my spouse in Saudi Arabia.