+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

DylB

Oct 13, 2016
Hi guys, I haven't managed to read this entire thread but was hoping that someone could help me with my unique situation. I am adding my spouse to my application for express entry. The online application wants proof of payment for my RPRF and application for permanent residence. However, I cannot figure out how to pay online. Previously I uploaded all the documents and then pressed continue which lead me to the payment options. This tome they want me to upload proof of payment.

I thought that a solution might be that instead of uploading proof of payment, that I upload a letter stating that I cannot find our how to pay online and then press continue which may lead me to the next page with payment options.

If anyone can assist I would be greatly appreciative. I am truly stuck.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
DylB said:
Hi guys, I haven't managed to read this entire thread but was hoping that someone could help me with my unique situation. I am adding my spouse to my application for express entry. The online application wants proof of payment for my RPRF and application for permanent residence. However, I cannot figure out how to pay online. Previously I uploaded all the documents and then pressed continue which lead me to the payment options. This tome they want me to upload proof of payment.

I thought that a solution might be that instead of uploading proof of payment, that I upload a letter stating that I cannot find our how to pay online and then press continue which may lead me to the next page with payment options.

If anyone can assist I would be greatly appreciative. I am truly stuck.
Have you already sent the letter you attached to your MyCIC account? You have to do the online payment online thru this link

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do;jsessionid=CF9A6FCA92AF5A7B74CF87EFB8469263?mngRdr=true

I've done the same when I got request letter from CIC when I added my spouse after PPR. Secondly, fill out the necessary form I.e. for the RPRF and processing fee, it'll ask for your credit card no. If youre going to pay using your CC. Finally, print out the receipt with the barcode. The print out is your proof of payment.
However, if you already sent the letter stating you cannot figure out how to pay online. I suggest you send CSE with the attached proof of payment.

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Hey all,

Very informative post here. I received my PPR but haven't sent the passport yet and I'm planning to get married soon.

So far I understood most of the required documents needed except for the medicals.

My question is:

Q1) How do I go about telling the clinic that I'm adding a dependent. Do I provide my UCI, application number?

Q2) Do I need to wait for IRCC to send me some kind of form before going for the medicals.

Q3) The clinic I scheduled for the medicals states this "All Family Class applicants require an Immigration Medical Examination (IME) number generated by IRCC after December 15, 2016 to complete the immigration medical". Am I in the Family Class?

My info:
CEC Inland - PPR - Passport not sent.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
al1 said:
Hey all,

Very informative post here. I received my PPR but haven't sent the passport yet and I'm planning to get married soon.

So far I understood most of the required documents needed except for the medicals.

My question is:

Q1) How do I go about telling the clinic that I'm adding a dependent. Do I provide my UCI, application number?

Q2) Do I need to wait for IRCC to send me some kind of form before going for the medicals.

Q3) The clinic I scheduled for the medicals states this "All Family Class applicants require an Immigration Medical Examination (IME) number generated by IRCC after December 15, 2016 to complete the immigration medical". Am I in the Family Class?

My info:

1. Inform the clinic that your spouse is getting upfront medical. No need to provide your UCI unless asked.
2. No
3. Family-EDE for your spouse

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Nitz_Au said:
1. Inform the clinic that your spouse is getting upfront medical. No need to provide your UCI unless asked.
2. No
3. Family-EDE for your spouse
Thanks a lot for the answers. One last issue that makes me very uncomfortable is getting the marriage certificate on time.

I've spoken to many of the marriage officiants in Toronto and none of them could guarantee that I can receive the certificate quickly.

Most of them quote 8-10 weeks processing time for the certificate. Ofcourse I'm still going to try to get it done asap but it doesn't give me peace of mind.

Q) In the scenario where getting the marriage certificate is not possible within whatever time period IRCC gives me. What are my options? Do I send in the receipt for the marriage certificate, receipt and copy of the marriage license and a letter of explanation?

Thank You.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
al1 said:
Thanks a lot for the answers. One last issue that makes me very uncomfortable is getting the marriage certificate on time.

I've spoken to many of the marriage officiants in Toronto and none of them could guarantee that I can receive the certificate quickly.

Most of them quote 8-10 weeks processing time for the certificate. Ofcourse I'm still going to try to get it done asap but it doesn't give me peace of mind.

Q) In the scenario where getting the marriage certificate is not possible within whatever time period IRCC gives me. What are my options? Do I send in the receipt for the marriage certificate, receipt and copy of the marriage license and a letter of explanation?

Thank You.
1. Have you already informed CIC about your marriage and received the spousal kit?
It depends on the VO how much time they'll give you to provide all the documents. Marriage certificate arrived at an average of 2-4 weeks after applying so I think you're good otherwise send the supporting documents that you that will prove that you're just waiting for the marriage certificate. These could be your marriage license, wedding photos, etc.

al1

Mar 23, 2017
Nitz_Au said:
1. Have you already informed CIC about your marriage and received the spousal kit?
It depends on the VO how much time they'll give you to provide all the documents. Marriage certificate arrived at an average of 2-4 weeks after applying so I think you're good otherwise send the supporting documents that you that will prove that you're just waiting for the marriage certificate. These could be your marriage license, wedding photos, etc.
I'm getting married next week. I was planning to inform CIC 2-3 days after so I can get some buffer time for the marriage certificate. Is that advisable? or do I inform them right away. And start preparing the other supporting documents.

Nitz_Au

Jan 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
June 30,2016
Med's Request
Medical Passed July18
Passport Req..
Nov 17,2016
LANDED..........
June 28,2017
al1 said:
I'm getting married next week. I was planning to inform CIC 2-3 days after so I can get some buffer time for the marriage certificate. Is that advisable? or do I inform them right away. And start preparing the other supporting documents.
That's fine. In my case I informed CIC a week after my marriage.

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
al1 said:
Hey all,

My question is:

My info:
Q1) No you dont need to produce UCI Number just tell them you are a dependent

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Seniors and Colleagues,

I saw some of the posts on this thread that you can add your spouse even after you get you PPR. Also I saw that the time given is only 7 days. In my case I have submitted my e-APR on 4 March 2017. I am planning to marry in the next 6 months time( exact time line cannot be predicted.) Now since some of the documents like PCC from India and FBI PCC take time, how does one overcome this problem. Can I submit the available documents such a Medical report, Marriage certificate etc and write an LOE seeking extension to submit
the remaining documents such as India PCC and FBI PCC( as the case may be.) Your replies and opinions will help me to plan ahead.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

Managerchap

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pxyarala said:
Hi Seniors and Colleagues,

I saw some of the posts on this thread that you can add your spouse even after you get you PPR. Also I saw that the time given is only 7 days. In my case I have submitted my e-APR on 4 March 2017. I am planning to marry in the next 6 months time( exact time line cannot be predicted.) Now since some of the documents like PCC from India and FBI PCC take time, how does one overcome this problem. Can I submit the available documents such a Medical report, Marriage certificate etc and write an LOE seeking extension to submit
the remaining documents such as India PCC and FBI PCC( as the case may be.) Your replies and opinions will help me to plan ahead.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
I would advice you try and get married before PPR since you already know you are going to do it anyway... Its a lot tidier that way.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Hey Nitz_Au,
Did you add your spouse after PPR or before PPR?
Can you please provide your detailed timeline?
I completed adding my spouse post ppr! I am trying to understand how long it takes to get the file processed. I understand that it takes 6-8 weeks depending on the file and VO!

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Managerchap said:
I would advice you try and get married before PPR since you already know you are going to do it anyway... Its a lot tidier that way.
Hi Managerchap,

I would if I could find a person of my choice before my PPR. You know this is an emotional thing and it takes time. Please tell me is it true that they give only 7 days time to add your spouse or submit her documents after your PPR?. Also can I inform IRCC or the VO before I submit my passport for stamping of PPR that I am planning to marry in the next 6 months time? I guess they will not take my Passport as my martial status would change. If yes how much time would they give to submit the documents.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
nagarjun rao said:
Hey Nitz_Au,
Did you add your spouse after PPR or before PPR?
Can you please provide your detailed timeline?
I completed adding my spouse post ppr! I am trying to understand how long it takes to get the file processed. I understand that it takes 6-8 weeks depending on the file and VO!
Hi nagarjun rao,

How much time VO/IRCC give you to submit your spouse's documents?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala