Nomination.....
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
29-01-2018
I have similar case. I received COPR and visa stamp in February and got married in April. I raised CSE and sent e-mail to visa office after two days (sydney in my case) from CSE, i received reply that i have to contact Visa office. and visa office sent a generic e-mail with links of different type of application and also it was written that if your required answer is in the links then you won't get any further reply. now i'm confused that will i get any further reply or no. i couldn't find my required details in that e-mail.

Kmn

May 21, 2018
Hi !! I am in kind of same situation that I am planning to get married in July 2018(before landing but after COPR). My would be wife is in India. I got my passport stamped with validity 13-08-2018. Now can i get married before landing and inform CIC about it?? I do have work permit with 1 year validity remaining so can I go back to canada baaed on that ?? Or will have to wait for PR to be processed again? Normally wht time it takes to process such application ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi !! I am in kind of same situation that I am planning to get married in July 2018(before landing but after COPR). My would be wife is in India. I got my passport stamped with validity 13-08-2018. Now can i get married before landing and inform CIC about it?? I do have work permit with 1 year validity remaining so can I go back to canada baaed on that ?? Or will have to wait for PR to be processed again? Normally wht time it takes to process such application ?
If you marry before landing, you need to return your documents and add your wife to your application. Expect at least 3-4 months additional processing time.

Reactions: Kmn

Kmn

May 21, 2018
If you marry before landing, you need to return your documents and add your wife to your application. Expect at least 3-4 months additional processing time.
And also there will be no issue if I inform CIC well in adavance in July and visa expiration date is 13/08/18 ?? Is this time frame enough ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
And also there will be no issue if I inform CIC well in adavance in July and visa expiration date is 13/08/18 ?? Is this time frame enough ?
As long as you inform them before your documents expire.

Reactions: Kmn

itsmubi

Aug 2, 2015
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Doc's Request.
29-11-2017
Nomination.....
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
29-01-2018
Hi Everyne,
Just need a little help. Finally i received reply from cic and my application is re-opened. they asked me to provide certain documents. One of them is General application form IMM0008.
Should i fill it as from my spouse or myself?
2. if from wife then what program should i mention that she is applying and what UCI should i mention?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyne,
Just need a little help. Finally i received reply from cic and my application is re-opened. they asked me to provide certain documents. One of them is General application form IMM0008.
Should i fill it as from my spouse or myself?
2. if from wife then what program should i mention that she is applying and what UCI should i mention?
IMM0008 is a Principal Applicant form. You are the PA.

sameer.kumar

Dec 2, 2018
@Kmn, I am in the same situation as yours. Were you able to land based on your work permit? is it possible not to do the landing when you were returning to Canada because your marital status has changed and you wanted to add your spouse as well?

Urgently needed, appreciate your quick response.

@canuck_in_uk @legalfalcon, Kindly respond if you have any suggestions based on your experience.

I am in Canada now and have received my COPR already. Going out in a month for marriage. While returning to Canada, can I skip the landing and enter based on a work permit? I have already mailed to CIC about my situation, but I haven't received any response on this. I would like to add my wife so that process is faster instead of going for spousal sponsorship later.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@Kmn, I am in the same situation as yours. Were you able to land based on your work permit? is it possible not to do the landing when you were returning to Canada because your marital status has changed and you wanted to add your spouse as well?

@canuck_in_uk @legalfalcon, Kindly respond if you have any suggestions based on your experience.

I am in Canada now and have received my COPR already. Going out in a month for marriage. While returning to Canada, can I skip the landing and enter based on a work permit? I have already mailed to CIC about my situation, but I haven't received any response on this. I would like to add my wife so that process is faster instead of going for spousal sponsorship later.
Hi

You should have no issues entering as a worker instead of landing.

Kmn

May 21, 2018

No i couldnt use my work permit to go to canada as i got My PR visa stamped and once i got this visa earlier all visas are cancelled automatically in the system

Kmn

May 21, 2018

You have to wait for your new PR visa to be issued then only you and your spouse can land in Canada..I am still waiting for mine

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No i couldnt use my work permit to go to canada as i got My PR visa stamped and once i got this visa earlier all visas are cancelled automatically in the system
You still could have entered as a worker if you explained the situation to CBSA and then later flagpoled.

Kmn

May 21, 2018
You still could have entered as a worker if you explained the situation to CBSA and then later flagpoled.
No I dont think so becuase they wont allow me till decision on my spouse is made and as well my work permit expired in a month of marriage

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No I dont think so becuase they wont allow me till decision on my spouse is made and as well my work permit expired in a month of marriage
I don't understand what you mean.

Many people have done this. CBSA is pretty easygoing about requests to delay landing when there are valid reasons. When a spouse is added to the app, you have to send your COPR and passport back to IRCC to be re-issued anyways.