+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after copr and before landing

sameer.kumar

Dec 2, 2018
I don't understand what you mean.

Many people have done this. CBSA is pretty easygoing about requests to delay landing when there are valid reasons. When a spouse is added to the app, you have to send your COPR and passport back to IRCC to be re-issued anyways.
@canuck_in_uk thanks for the confirmation. In some another post, someone has also mentioned doing this once. Hopefully, this goes well. I don't think this scenario is documented anywhere in CIC website or any other document, isn't it?

@scylla

Please refer link:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entering-canada-without-copr.438562/

Last edited:

sameer.kumar

Dec 2, 2018
No I dont think so becuase they wont allow me till decision on my spouse is made and as well my work permit expired in a month of marriage
@Kmn : If I understand it correctly, you didn't have the option of the worker visa [ or visitor visa alternatively ]to enter canada. You just had a PR visa.
In that case, certainly one only has to land, one can't enter Canada without landing in this situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@Kmn : If I understand it correctly, you didn't have the option of the worker visa [ or visitor visa alternatively ]to enter canada. You just had a PR visa.
In that case, certainly one only has to land, one can't enter Canada without landing in this situation.
Incorrect. A person in that situation can still enter without landing.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CoPR issued. Getting married in Jan 2019. Single entry visa valid till July 2019. I will be updating CIC of my marriage and submit the required documents.

Will my spouse need to appear for IELTS and submit her transcripts? I believe my spouse will only need to submit PCC and medical test reports.

Thanks!

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hi guys, I have an urgent inquiry in which I need your expert opinion with.
I got my COPR as a single with an expiry date at the end of march 2019, however I am planing to get married at mid march before landing to be able to add my spouse to my application and get a new PR visa for both of us. I know that I have to contact CIC once I got married before the expiry of my COPR, however I am worried that I wouldn't get a reply back before the end of march due to the short period. Is it an issue or what should I do?
Thanks.

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Any
Hi guys, I have an urgent inquiry in which I need your expert opinion with.
I got my COPR as a single with an expiry date at the end of march 2019, however I am planing to get married at mid march before landing to be able to add my spouse to my application and get a new PR visa for both of us. I know that I have to contact CIC once I got married before the expiry of my COPR, however I am worried that I wouldn't get a reply back before the end of march due to the short period. Is it an issue or what should I do?
Thanks.
Any info please?

tejasmhaskar

Nov 15, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
This is incorrect. As the spouse is a Canadian citizen, there is zero effect on the app and the visa/COPR do not need to be re-issued, nor does OP need to send all of the Canadian spouse's documents.
Does this apply if someone is marrying a Canadian PR (residing in Canada)? Will it delay the process for the applicant?