+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting divorced after landing as PR As Dependant spouse

Jen01

Sep 28, 2019
Well I think you can actually report an abusive relationship and marriage to the CIC, they will help you . I think you can do that first before filling a divorce. Goodluck

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Dear Experts

I need some info. I am in Canada and my wife is in India. There is a divorce dispute going between me and my wife in indian court. I have given Power of Attoney to one of my family member to fight divorce from my side. My PR card is getting expired and I have to renew it. Is there any problem in renewing my PR card and there is a matter pending against me in india court ? I have read in CIC website that if there are any summons pending against PR then he cannot renew PR card?

This is a Civil matter not a Criminal matter. Just a simple divorce case between me and my wife. No criminal charges and nothing else like that.

Suggestions will be really appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear Experts

I need some info. I am in Canada and my wife is in India. There is a divorce dispute going between me and my wife in indian court. I have given Power of Attoney to one of my family member to fight divorce from my side. My PR card is getting expired and I have to renew it. Is there any problem in renewing my PR card and there is a matter pending against me in india court ? I have read in CIC website that if there are any summons pending against PR then he cannot renew PR card?

This is a Civil matter not a Criminal matter. Just a simple divorce case between me and my wife. No criminal charges and nothing else like that.

Suggestions will be really appreciated.
1. No problem, as a divorce is a civil matter, as no effect on PR card renewal

IshaTiwari

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you . but As I earlier said I am new here I don't know anything here even not much money to pay them.So give me contact no when I get information and help to sort it out as possible as early So, I can put my life on track and focus on my career.
Hi Shivani, Hope you're doing well and living your best life now. I wanted to reach out to you as I am in a similar situation like yours. I see that you have been inactive in last 2 years. But if you do get this message, please reply. I would appreciate if I can get some advice from you. Thanks.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
What is my mistake in all this ?? I got only 2 hours with him to decide Yes or No and his family reputation is good.Hence, I took as my destiny and said yes. After that it is not possible for me to go against it and have faith that all will get alright by time and spending time with each other . but it gong to be worsen .When we go on honeymoon his psycho personality give me shocked and fear. I am not at all money oriented I never ever take a rupee from him even though I am unwell my lime juice cost paid by me.when I engaged he was not PR So, He can't say that I marry him to reach there. I marry for me and my parents's happiness. The most shocked thing that they are not giving me 1 paisa in marriage rituals or anything not even mangalsutra. they said at the time of marriage as they have not that type of ritual even though they are also belong to jain family.Moreover,the amount of money which he have to sent me to for immigration process . it also taken by his father. I am independent girl So I can earn my money but he never ever understand that my father is retired person and I am the only earning person in my family even though he wants that I pay for WES money and when I said him No. He said abusive words and complain to my father.
This is your own fault with stupid arranged marriages in some cultures. They don't WORK and it has to stop!!

You only got 2 hours with him to decide if you want to spend your whole life with him? How is that a good way to decide that this is the person you want to be with for the rest of your life? Your parents shouldn't put any pressure on you to do anything you don't want to. Who cares if his family reputation is good or not as that shouldn't decide on if you are going to marry him or not!!

Makes me so angry people have to go through these stupid old rituals which means nothing in this modern society.

Last edited:

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Its my 1st time to send a query, hopefully someone can give me advise on how to proceed.

I already received my stamped visa and COPR. I applied together with my common law partner and children,both of them received there visas and COPR as well, my concern is my partner and i started to be cold to each other due to incompatibility of many things.

my question is do i have to report that he will not join me in canada? or is it ok not to report it po?

thank you in advance for your help