+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting divorced after landing as PR As Dependant spouse

shivani shah

Jun 14, 2018
Divorce, and regain your freedom in Canada, a country where women are respected as individuals.
Your PR status is safe and is not directly affected by divorce. Make sure you use a good divorce lawyer.
Thank you Sir. May You give me contact detail or mail of good lawyers.

shivani shah

Jun 14, 2018
Hi everyone. Please give me suggestions . I am bhartnatyam dancer and want to open a class or do job in university as teacher . have you any contact which helps me to get further information related to it.

shivani shah

Jun 14, 2018
from last thre days my husband talk with me in good way but I could not believe him as he do this many times and requested me to not giving divorce. I don't want him in my life

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
I think you first need to consult a lawyer and get your marriage/divorce sorted out. I sympathise with you, but your posts have been all over the place. You need to make up your mind and first and decide exactly what you want to do. Only then you can make some coherent decision. Also divorces are becoming commonplace in India and not frowned upon. So you always have the option of going back and rebuild your life.

rushbd

Aug 29, 2017
Hi. Please consult a divorce lawyer. The immigration laws were designed to protect spouses in cases like yours. Divorce will not affect your permanent residency. The law was made like this so that abusing spouses cannot hold anyone hostage.

Reactions: shivani shah

shivani shah

Jun 14, 2018
thank you sir, I know you are my well wisher but it is hard to survive with them who are your dear ones but they saw you like burden of their head ,even you are doing a job and give them money. As you thinking that's true its easy way as I have job and family there but Its hard to saw your self as problem of others.

But definitely I do something here to rejuvenated myself and worth for this country and myself.

I think you first need to consult a lawyer and get your marriage/divorce sorted out. I sympathise with you, but your posts have been all over the place. You need to make up your mind and first and decide exactly what you want to do. Only then you can make some coherent decision. Also divorces are becoming commonplace in India and not frowned upon. So you always have the option of going back and rebuild your life.

shivani shah

Jun 14, 2018
Hi. Please consult a divorce lawyer. The immigration laws were designed to protect spouses in cases like yours. Divorce will not affect your permanent residency. The law was made like this so that abusing spouses cannot hold anyone hostage.
Thank you . but As I earlier said I am new here I don't know anything here even not much money to pay them.So give me contact no when I get information and help to sort it out as possible as early So, I can put my life on track and focus on my career.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
hi all members

I need help. I am a PR in canada. I got married after 6 months of getting my PR. We got married through newspaper matrimonial advertisement. Then I sponsored my wife. she is in Canada right now. I spent around 4 to 5 months in india with her. So when she reached here then I came to know her real colors. She is fighting with me everyday. Now I have got a phobia of going to home from office as i know that she will fight with me. Even if i am late by 5 minutes I know she will fight with me. We have a genuine marriage but i do not want to live with her. Our marriage was registered in court.

So now my questions is that if i file for divorce, will it effect my PR status in canada.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
You have sponsored so you still have to look after her, as per your sponsorship commitment.
She landed in canada in August 2017. Since then we are living together. She is working part time and i am working full time. I have have to look after her then for how much long time? I ts very difficult for to survive with her.

Please reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi all members

I need help. I am a PR in canada. I got married after 6 months of getting my PR. We got married through newspaper matrimonial advertisement. Then I sponsored my wife. she is in Canada right now. I spent around 4 to 5 months in india with her. So when she reached here then I came to know her real colors. She is fighting with me everyday. Now I have got a phobia of going to home from office as i know that she will fight with me. Even if i am late by 5 minutes I know she will fight with me. We have a genuine marriage but i do not want to live with her. Our marriage was registered in court.

So now my questions is that if i file for divorce, will it effect my PR status in canada.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.
You can certainly get divorced. This won't impact your PR status. However you will be financially responsible for your wife until August 2020.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
She landed in canada in August 2017. Since then we are living together. She is working part time and i am working full time. I have have to look after her then for how much long time? I ts very difficult for to survive with her.

Please reply.
Of course the three years is just the Government of Canada, if you go for divorce you may have spousal support to contend with , but that is a whole other ball of wax

Nov 1, 2019
However, if you haven’t landed yet, he can cancel his sponsorship for your PR before you land. If you are getting divorced and you still land, you are committing misrepresentation as your relationship has broken down and you are no longer eligible. If you have recently landed, he could report you for marriage of convienience as well.

How do I inform the authorities about this misrepresentation?