+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an Indian PCC through BLS

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi All,
Need your inputs urgently.
Myself and Wife's PCC was submitted at the same time 5 weeks before at BLS Canada and the below status was updated on 15th Jun 2021 (One month now) with an email and generated the CAT number.
"Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
We both are having the same address on the Aadhar card and Passport.
We also checked at the local police station but they said that they have not received the file for both of us.
Please advise where we can follow up and get the PCC letter moving as do not see any movement for 1 month.
It seems that your file has yet not been received by your local police station. I would suggest that you get to know the Inspector specifically in charge with Passport-related stuff. Try to get his WhatsApp. Send your file #s and Aadhar card copies in advance. Keep in mind that once your file is received by them, they are under a strict deadline to deal with your file quickly. So they will surely reach out to you. I wouldn't bet on calling him/station repeatedly - cause: 1) it serves no useful purpose, 2) you risk irritating them and falling into bad books. Agree that 1 month is long, if the hold up is at the Consulate level - you can perhaps send them reminders or reach out via twitter (these you will have to figure out since I didn't had to reach out to them). All the best!

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
It seems that your file has yet not been received by your local police station. I would suggest that you get to know the Inspector specifically in charge with Passport-related stuff. Try to get his WhatsApp. Send your file #s and Aadhar card copies in advance. Keep in mind that once your file is received by them, they are under a strict deadline to deal with your file quickly. So they will surely reach out to you. I wouldn't bet on calling him/station repeatedly - cause: 1) it serves no useful purpose, 2) you risk irritating them and falling into bad books. Agree that 1 month is long, if the hold up is at the Consulate level - you can perhaps send them reminders or reach out via twitter (these you will have to figure out since I didn't had to reach out to them). All the best!
Thank you very much for your response.
Yes, I agree that when we check at the local police station they said the file has not been reached and when checked at the Regional Passport office they confirmed that the file is pending verification at the local police station.
Not able to figure out where to check now and whom to reach out. Tried reaching out to SP Office but was not able to connect with them but will reach out again. Thanks.

Reactions: vvarma

dinneratjoes

Dec 17, 2020
Hi all,

I am applying for PCC under inland spousal sponsorship. BLS asks for original passport and PR card from my spouse as well for my PCC. While the consulate says only copies are required. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm not too comfortable sending my spouse's original documents like this.

Reactions: smfcoder

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
Hi all,

I am applying for PCC under inland spousal sponsorship. BLS asks for original passport and PR card from my spouse as well for my PCC. While the consulate says only copies are required. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm not too comfortable sending my spouse's original documents like this.
May be you can go to their office and show the documents in person.

Reactions: dinneratjoes

dharanc

Sep 1, 2021
@manishsap21
Thank you very much for your response.
Yes, I agree that when we check at the local police station they said the file has not been reached and when checked at the Regional Passport office they confirmed that the file is pending verification at the local police station.
Not able to figure out where to check now and whom to reach out. Tried reaching out to SP Office but was not able to connect with them but will reach out again. Thanks.
What action did you take to get PCC and what's your timeline pls? , my spouse application is still on the same status and the local police station didn't receive the file number

dinneratjoes

Dec 17, 2020
Hi all,

Update: I carried all originals but did not need to submit them. However, BLS' atrocious website did not mention the additional details I had to take along. So had to visit twice in total. If you are applying for a PCC under spousal sponsorship, carry a cover letter stating all details of sponsorship + spouse. Submit a photocopy of your spouse's COPR - a PR card will not do.

Reactions: smfcoder

Ram_s

Dec 27, 2020
Hi all,

I am an Indian citizen living in Canada for almost 3 years now. I will be applying for permanent residence soon and I need police clearance certificate for it. I understand my options are: Go to one of the Indian consulates and apply for it in person; Go to one of the BLS offices; Send my application through post. I think the last option fits me better as I live too far from the closest consulate and BLS office, however, my brain cells are dying a slow death when I go through BLS website. They contradict themselves in their instructions for sending the PCC (once it's available) through post like postal order, certified cheque, and prepaid label. Where I live, these three are very different things and I just can't find any consistency on their website. Also, it states "Postal applications can be sent only to the Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver application Service Centers." and it also states "All Postal applications can be sent only to the Ottawa, Brampton and Vancouver application Centers." I am not even sure what it means. Should I send it to Toronto or Brampton? I live in Toronto Jurisdiction. If anyone has gone through this process, please share your experience here. I will try to call them, but I highly doubt they will be able to give me any worthy advice considering how poorly their instructions are written on their website. Thanks.
Did you apply now?

Ram_s

Dec 27, 2020
thanks so much then how do you make the payment for PCC only?
I called them and the lady on the phone sent me links and on by clicking on the links i gave payments. They will not cut your phone until you completed all payment process and you will get tracking number sheet. But you have to call in the morning time otherwise there lines are always busy and even you cant figure it out on there website.

Reactions: Miracle2018