+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a visa as a startup partner

Apr 26, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm from Europe. I am a 2nd year software engineering student. I work in mobile development. I have a situation like this:

* I am developing a mobile application for a startup founded by a Canadian citizen.
* In return for this application I developed, I will have a 30% share in the company.
* Startup is heavily mobile app based.
* The company was established in British Columbia and will continue from there.
* The mobile application will be continuously developed and I will be responsible for further development and maintenance.
* I want to live in Canada. (The conditions here are not suitable for me to develop the application and continue my life comfortably at the same time.)

I have a few questions for you about this situation:
- If I can get a visa, which visa could it be?
- Can I get a priority visa like this: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/About-The-BC-PNP#PriorityOccupations
I'm in the "21232 Software developers and programmers" category. But is it possible for me to get this visa before I finish my school? (I will complete my education there)

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Have you considered speaking with a good immigration consultant or lawyer? You have a highly specific case and I think the startup visa program might be the best fit but it’s not simple to navigate… If you ever need a referral to one, let me know!