+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

sridharreddy1

Jul 13, 2019
@SergeiT

How did you book the appointment? I am in a similar situation with a job in hand that I was supposed to join on 6th July but can't since I do not have my SIN yet. I applied online on 23rd June but there has been no response to my application.

SergeiT

Jul 9, 2020
@SergeiT

How did you book the appointment? I am in a similar situation with a job in hand that I was supposed to join on 6th July but can't since I do not have my SIN yet. I applied online on 23rd June but there has been no response to my application.
I submitted an appointment request through https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/
Just ticked "require appointment" and "information" next to SIN and explained my situation in the message. They called me back 2 days later and booked me in.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi..

I applied for SIN on 8 July 2020. I have a query.. in my passport and COPR my name has prefix as Ms. But in the bank account document (For address proof) it has a prefix as Mrs. Will this cause a pblm ?

Mom of 2 boys

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi , I tried the eservices request form and an agent called me next day, she told me that most probably rest of the offices will open within next week, the service will still be by appointment, however it won’t be limited to certain offices. I’m waiting anyway since I’m under quarantine.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Since there is no way to track the SIN is there a time period after which I can call IRCC to know about my application? I applied on July 10th

Canadiandreaming

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,

Does anybody know how long it takes for the SIN number to be generated when applying online? Also, will they email the SIN number or send it in the post? I will need to get it urgently for a new job following quarantine.

Many thanks

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Since there is no way to track the SIN is there a time period after which I can call IRCC to know about my application? I applied on July 10th
IRCC doesn't process SIN applications, its Service Canada you would need to call. But due to the current situation, just wait it out and you should get it soon in the mail.

Reactions: SaraRahul

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi,

Does anybody know how long it takes for the SIN number to be generated when applying online? Also, will they email the SIN number or send it in the post? I will need to get it urgently for a new job following quarantine.

Many thanks
They will send it to you by post. It should take about 10 days (that's how long it took mine) depending on where you live.

Reactions: Canadiandreaming

Canadiandreaming

Jul 12, 2020
Hang on... This just came up at the end of my application. So why is there a panic to get it?

The Employment Insurance Regulations require individuals to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) no later than three days after the day on which the employment begins and to inform their employer of their SIN as soon as they receive it. The legislation does not prevent people from working in insurable employment before they receive their SIN.