+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
I applied multiple times and always get refused. Unbelievable.

Documents I upload: PR-Email, Passport, COPR, recent letter from bank, recent phone bill

Oxygen25

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I applied on 8th June. Called them a couple of times, and they confirmed SIN issued and sent on 10th. However, nothing received yet. I am trying to figure out what the issue is. Called again last week and asked them to resend, I still haven't received it.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Just got our SIN numbers delivered on the US Address

Applied on : June 8 2020
Applied from : US
Documents provided: PR Cards, Passport (back + front), US Driving License (Soft landing, no Canada address at the moment)
Issued on: June 11 2020
Received in Bay Area California: June 30, 2020
Hey hi .. can we give USA address ? We do not have a Canadian address too but planned to give a friend’s address. And did you receive your PR card as well?

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I applied on 8th June. Called them a couple of times, and they confirmed SIN issued and sent on 10th. However, nothing received yet. I am trying to figure out what the issue is. Called again last week and asked them to resend, I still haven't received it.
At which Number you called them?

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hi all, My family and I did a soft landing in Canada and we are not planing to work in Canada at the moment. Can we apply for SIN number once we move here permanently (early 2020)? Do you think we will face questions why did we not apply earlier?

ayzssz

Jul 5, 2020
Hi! What do I need to change my temporary worker SIN number to a permanent one? Is my PR visa in my passport enough, or do I need to wait for the PR card? Thanks!

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My wife got her SIN yesterday in mail, but it's a mess. The SIN came with her father's name.. LOL...
We were pretty sure that we filled the online form correctly, even the supporting docs are in her name.
We are trying to contact the call centre since morning but no luck. Anyone else faced similar kind of issue? Need assistance please

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Guys, two service Canada Centers are now open in Toronto. You can not visit them at will but can through an appointment. You can request for an appointment online. Fill in a call request here https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/ I stated that I am new here and need an SIN.

I got a call from a blocked number the day after (today). They booked a walkin appointment for a new SIN tomorrow.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Hey @desi_me_rollin - I tried to get an appointment and filled up the form. Got a call from Service Canada the next day and they told me to apply online saying that the Service Canada centers are open but new SIN applications are being accepted only online/via mail. I will be curious to know how is your experience tomorrow. Please keep us posted.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I applied multiple times and always get refused. Unbelievable.

Documents I upload: PR-Email, Passport, COPR, recent letter from bank, recent phone bill
How do you know you get refused? I applied, provided documents since 2 days ago, but haven't gotten any reply yet...

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Guys, two service Canada Centers are now open in Toronto. You can not visit them at will but can through an appointment. You can request for an appointment online. Fill in a call request here https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/ I stated that I am new here and need an SIN.

I got a call from a blocked number the day after (today). They booked a walkin appointment for a new SIN tomorrow.
The call centre guy just told me that SIN applications cannot be processed in offices via appointment. The only option we have now is to apply online. Please keep us posted how your visit to Service Canada goes.

SergeiT

Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys, I've successfully booked a walk-in appointment next week for my SIN number. I've got a job offer so I just wrote that I needed it quick because I'm about to start my new job.