+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I applied online on APR 30 and got the letter today. I called the call center twice in between, waited for more than 1 hr to hear that they can't access the application and I have uploaded all required documents. The most frustrating part is that the letter I got is a generic letter and did not specifically say what is missing. I uploaded few more docs (Bank statement, Health card registration confirmation and my tax notice of assessment). I honestly do not have any more docs :) Not sure what to do if they ask for more docs. I do not want to send my original passport by mail as I already waited for more than a month to get my passport from CPC Ottawa when I sent it for PPR request.

Regards,
Akshay
I can understand ur frustration. Even I got a rejection letter after waiting 1 month and that also generic letter. Did call centre agent informed you anything ??

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi,

Would you mind telling me if you did physical landing from outside Canada? I applied online for SIN exactly the same way and got a mail saying docs are missing.

I did soft landing and so COPR was not signed. I uploaded COPR copy and Landing confirmation document for primary doc. Passport first and last page, hydro bill for address proof. I uploaded the client copy of COPR without my photo in it. Is this what you uploaded too. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Akshay
What do you mean by soft landing?
Why was COPR not signed?

Akshay10

Jul 24, 2019
I can understand ur frustration. Even I got a rejection letter after waiting 1 month and that also generic letter. Did call centre agent informed you anything ??
The call center person asked me to send the documents (Originals) by post. I sent my passport for PPR and it was stuck there for over a month due to COVID before I got it back. I did not want to send the original passports again and end up in similar situation without my passport on hand. I may finally do it if there is no other choice and the service Canada remains closed.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi
I applied SIN via online on May 13th. Application number series 56K. I am from Toronto.
Does anyone know if the process take more than 3weeks to get the SIN via online?
Thank you

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi.. I have a clarification... my husband and I are yet to soft land ... our PRs expire this June end and we are planning our travel June first week.. we will stay in airbnb and we have a friend in Canada whose address we will give for PR card. Now, can we give the same address for SIN also ? Which of the below can be followed for SIN address proof ?
1) our name with their address proof like bank letters / utility bills?
2) our name with our address proof- like opening a bank account in Canada but still giving my friends address to the bank?
Additionally for online application it’s just a scan pdf Copy of the primary(COPR / PR card) ,secondary ( passport) and address proof docs right ?
Thanks in advance for the replies

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi
I applied SIN via online on May 13th. Application number series 56K. I am from Toronto.
Does anyone know if the process take more than 3weeks to get the SIN via online?
Thank you
Applied 29 April , from Toronto still haven’t got any update. So yes must wait for 3-4 weeks of time.

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Hi all, as we can't get SIN at the airport these days and online SIN applications are taking 3-4 weeks time, does that mean if you already have job line up in Canada, you cannot start working for a month until we get SIN?

Reactions: YevStruts

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Hi.. I have a clarification... my husband and I are yet to soft land ... our PRs expire this June end and we are planning our travel June first week.. we will stay in airbnb and we have a friend in Canada whose address we will give for PR card. Now, can we give the same address for SIN also ? Which of the below can be followed for SIN address proof ?
1) our name with their address proof like bank letters / utility bills?
2) our name with our address proof- like opening a bank account in Canada but still giving my friends address to the bank?
Additionally for online application it’s just a scan pdf Copy of the primary(COPR / PR card) ,secondary ( passport) and address proof docs right ?
Thanks in advance for the replies
Are you guys on H1B Visa? Do you know if you can come back to USA with H1B Visa?
How about if your visa stamp is no longer valid but have approved I-797 ?

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
I was one of those guys who got landing confirmation letter directly without physical landing interview due to COVID. So the COPR was not signed.
but on that letter they mentioned that you are permanent resident right now and you can use all governmental benefits, why is it not accepted?

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
I just spoke with the agent from Service Canada and she told me all my documents are accepted and my application estimably will be completed end of this week or earlier next week.
Do you have any estimation after this "completed" status how long does it take to receive the SIN?

Thank you

Last edited:

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I just spoke with the agent from Service Canada and she told me all my documents are accepted and my application estimably will be completed end of this week or earlier next week.
Do you have any estimation after this "completed" status how long does it take to receive the SIN?

Thank you
Hi
If i may ask?! When did you apply for the SIN online?