+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Mr305

Jan 26, 2018
Do not use your country passport use only Canadian passport and yes you can go visit to your home country as a Canadian citizen
So I can not use my home country of Origin passport at all for any travel ? If I request it from immigration . So they going to question me?

Sky-123

Jun 24, 2021
I got my pr through my wife sponsored me I never had single hearing I think if I am not wrong I can get my passport back they seized my passport in Montreal office could you guys tell me how to get it back they did not seize my passport at border or airport I applied my claim at ircc Montreal office I went same office yesterday where they seized my passport Montreal immigration there was security card he gave me one email id to contact landing immigrant email it’s useless I got reply back automated it’s days due to corona we not giving any service to landing immigrants this is absolutely stupid response from them and idiot security guard had 0 clue I am so helpless my in-laws sick they are very old want to see me such a horrible situation don’t know what to do please help me I am in Montreal how to get my passport I can see here comment don’t need to use your home passport but I did not get my pr through refugee hearing my pr is under family category because my wife sponsored me please help anyone thanks
Hi, I do not know if you were able to get your passport back, but I was in the same situation. I raised a webform to IRCC in January where I explained my situation. They answered me after 5 weeks that they sent my details to the responsible office and the office contacted me 4 days later to come and pick up my passport. Hope it helped.

Reactions: Dunk123

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi there, I received my PR card in January 2021 and now I want to travel to my home country (my asylum approved in 2019) plz let me know what is the procedure I should take bcoz there is an emergency in my home so can I travel? I still don't have citizenship yet. And I don't received my passport back its already expired.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Hi there, I received my PR card in January 2021 and now I want to travel to my home country (my asylum approved in 2019) plz let me know what is the procedure I should take bcoz there is an emergency in my home so can I travel? I still don't have citizenship yet. And I don't received my passport back its already expired.
It's not recommended that you renew or use your home country passport as these actions can made basis or cessation applications (just these actions are probably not enough to prove re availment). Unfortunately, it can be dangerous if you visit your home country before becoming a Canadian citizen as when you do so (for whatever reason), you put your status in Canada at risk (and this is probably going to be enough to prove re availment). You may not face any consequences immediately but you can face problems with your citizenship / PR Card renewal / sponsorship applications.

Reactions: Virgono1

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
It's not recommended that you renew or use your home country passport as these actions can made basis or cessation applications (just these actions are probably not enough to prove re availment). Unfortunately, it can be dangerous if you visit your home country before becoming a Canadian citizen as when you do so (for whatever reason), you put your status in Canada at risk (and this is probably going to be enough to prove re availment). You may not face any consequences immediately but you can face problems with your citizenship / PR Card renewal / sponsorship applications.
Thank you so much for your reply and your advice thanks once again

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
Yes you can request
Hey,
Can you tell me whom we have to ask? Etobicoke iRCc? Do we need to send an mail to them and ask? Or call Is that enough?
i surrender my birth country PP. now I’m Canadian. Need to get back my birth country pp.not sure whom we have to ask or how to get. I’m completely lost. There is no details internet for this.
pls help. Thank you.

Nithyasuba

Jun 6, 2019
I have a question guys. Please answer. I surrendered my home country of origin when i applied for Refugre travel documents 4 years ago. But Now I got my Canadian citizenship . Can I get back my home country of origin passport as its still not expired. Can I request it??
Hey
what u did to get ur passport back?
Thank you

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Hello guys
Can I travel with my home country passport to the third country likes Turkey ?( NOT to home country).

spring30

Mar 15, 2022
Hi, I do not know if you were able to get your passport back, but I was in the same situation. I raised a webform to IRCC in January where I explained my situation. They answered me after 5 weeks that they sent my details to the responsible office and the office contacted me 4 days later to come and pick up my passport. Hope it helped.
Could you provide a link to the form you filled out to return your passport? I can't find anywhere to contact IRCC..

Reactions: badangel