+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
I went to IRCC Etobicoke office to ask for my passport which seized when i applied for Asylum i got my PR Card by mail last month and they told me to send a letter with Canadapost and explain why you need your Passport and they will send an appointment to come in person to collect the passport.
I sent a letter with Canada post on the 26/Nov/2021 to IRCC Etobicoke office (5343 Dundas St W) i tried contacting them so many times but no reply and i went in person last week to check and the Security told me to wait and they cannot give me an exact time.
Please if any of you know anything or you got your passport please share your experience
I will keep you guys posted on anything i receive.
Hey bro
Any update?
I have a question for you.
I wanna send a letter to Etobicoke office.So I should just write a letter or any document is needed?

Rpwr86

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
I got them back at 6900 aitport road. At first visit ,bieng told fill up req. form (as my passports including son and wife)were sitting in montreal office . So they called me after like 3-4 days with a follow call from my sid8e . All good now . Pr cards vaild passports in hand.thnks all

Rpwr86

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Ps : not having any intention to go back home country . God showered me with all the blessings. I got pr, baby girl, noight new own house/ and new dreAm car too.good luck all of you

Reactions: Toronto1971

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
I got them back at 6900 aitport road. At first visit ,bieng told fill up req. form (as my passports including son and wife)were sitting in montreal office . So they called me after like 3-4 days with a follow call from my sid8e . All good now . Pr cards vaild passports in hand.thnks all
Hi
You claimed your refugee at Montreal office?
I claimed at Etobicoke and don’t know where should go.

Jan 25, 2022
Hello I have applied for refugee in November 2018 my hearing was on november 2021, the request was denied, that's ok I have my permanent residence thanks to my wife sponsoring me, but I've been asking the lawyer that had my case I never get a reply, I need to get my passports back.

I'm in Montréal Quebec and all the process has been made here I have not lived anywhere else.

I went to the immigration offices in 1010 saint antoine west and a very rude door keeper just gave me an email CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca which does not have anything to do with what I need, they replied this:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email.

Due to the ongoing novel coronavirus situation, we cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments.

Use the web form if you need to update your contact information : https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

For more information we encourage you to consult the special measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) on our website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

We thank you for your understanding.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Montreal"

Please if anyone knows what do I need to do? It will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Just an Update I received my passport today from 6900 CBSA i asked the officer that can i use my passport for travelling and he said yes you can use it for travel but don’t ho back to your home country.I asked him if i can renew it and he said yes this is your property you can renew it and use it for travel along with your PR but don’t travel to your home country.I am not sure what to do now

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Hi Faisal, when did you request them at airport road. My husband did too. Havent heard anything yet from them.
Please advise
Appreciate your help
I made my request on 21 December 2021. and there was no update so i went back in the 2nd week of January 2022 they told me the officer who has your passport is on vacation when he is back you will get a call and they called me yesterday to pick it up.So there's no harm if you guys can visit them again

Manu75185

Jan 25, 2019
yes, He went there yesterday, they took the info again were saying they are trying to request supervisor.
I made my request on 21 December 2021. and there was no update so i went back in the 2nd week of January 2022 they told me the officer who has your passport is on vacation when he is back you will get a call and they called me yesterday to pick it up.So there's no harm if you guys can visit them again

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just an Update I received my passport today from 6900 CBSA i asked the officer that can i use my passport for travelling and he said yes you can use it for travel but don’t ho back to your home country.I asked him if i can renew it and he said yes this is your property you can renew it and use it for travel along with your PR but don’t travel to your home country.I am not sure what to do now
I guess agent doesn't have a clue about the law. i suppose it is one of the call center agent...dont do that Faisal

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
I guess agent doesn't have a clue about the law. i suppose it is one of the call center agent...dont do that Faisal
Thanks for your reply,Yeah i was shocked as well i asked him 3 times and told him that i have heard like it will affect my status and he was so sure that nothing will happen i will never trust these agents as they would be the one turning me that why didn’t you read the law.

abdullah7866

Jan 25, 2022
Thank you so much for this forum guys, i got my PR through spousal sponsorship & withdrew my refugee claim- I was getting different answers from whomever i asked on how to get my passport returned-finally read this forum & visited the CBSA office at 6900 Airport road on January 12th 2021. I was told that my passport is in Montreal & they made me fill a form & said i will receive a call. They called yesterday & i went today morning to pick up my passport. Thanks for the Help Canada Visa Forum

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
If you claimed refugee status, you don’t get your passport back. They don’t have to give it back to you. You have to ask for it and explain why with a positive decision you need it back. Why do you need it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html
Years ago, at least till 2017 , the day that a protected person become a PR , was receiving in front of the IRCC officer, the home passport + PR card+ CoPR.
now may be changed. They don’t give back passports - but only PR cards to the people

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I wrote a mail through web form on IRCC asking where was my passport. After two weeks, they responded to me. They told me it was supposed to get it when I receive my PR card, but if I wanted it before, I will have to contact the office that had my passport. In my case, they told me that my passport was on 6900 Airport road. I went directly to that office and brought the CopR document, driver's license and a formal letter that said: I would like to get my passport back because I already got a permanent residence. I did not give any explanation, but it is up to you to write the reason you want it back.

They accepted my letter without a problem. Two days after they called me to pick up my passport. I went there, waited for a while, signed a form they gave me and that is all. I got my passport back. There were no questions nor issues with that requeriment.
You can’t use your home passport, must put in risk your PR status