+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Dorandiba

Jul 3, 2021
Passport back
Etobicoke office
First letter: 8 April 2021
First August: in person was in Etobicoke office they told me you should again send request because before 28 of July every request doesn’t accept because Etobicoke office was close
3 August 2021: send again request letter
20 August: Email them this is urgent request
1 September: they sent my appointment
3 September: I pick up my passport from Etobicoke office
Tomorrow: I should return my travel document back
This process was long and difficult
Good luck

Kh7

May 17, 2021
Passport back
Etobicoke office
First letter: 8 April 2021
First August: in person was in Etobicoke office they told me you should again send request because before 28 of July every request doesn’t accept because Etobicoke office was close
3 August 2021: send again request letter
20 August: Email them this is urgent request
1 September: they sent my appointment
3 September: I pick up my passport from Etobicoke office
Tomorrow: I should return my travel document back
This process was long and difficult
Good luck

Hey, can you please share the IRCC email that you used to contact them? Thank you.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I went to CBSA office in Mississauga to get my seized passport back today.
The receptionist checked and told me that my passport is with IRCC. He gave me a piece of paper, on which the address of IRCC Etobicoke is written. It also states that IRCC is nor allowing walk in,s and the only way to get in contact with them will be writing a letter to them and sending it by Canada post.
So lets see when they contact me back.

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021
I have read with utter disgust to some of your comments purporting to give advice on how to travel abroad, please read the article below, it will guide you in making informed decisions. Also, you can travel by your PP to any country except your own. In your PR card, COUNTRY of Origin is stated.

https://www.immigroup.com/topics/what-difference-between-certificate-identity-and-refugee-travel-document

Please don't mislead people, all you need is the internet to power your research
if you know better then correct the mistakes, not calling peoples post as disgust, this forum is for sharing information and people here are not lawyers, just normal people trying to share what they know, hear or see. Every post counts, and POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT UTTERLY DISGUSTED as seen by you, they help people regardless of how small information they carry. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have read with utter disgust to some of your comments purporting to give advice on how to travel abroad, please read the article below, it will guide you in making informed decisions. Also, you can travel by your PP to any country except your own. In your PR card, COUNTRY of Origin is stated.

https://www.immigroup.com/topics/what-difference-between-certificate-identity-and-refugee-travel-document

Please don't mislead people, all you need is the internet to power your research
As a protected person you can not use your home country passport at all or risk losing your protected person status. You are giving incorrect advice that protected people can use their home country passport to travel to countries other than their home country.

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021
As a protected person you can not use your home country passport at all or risk losing your protected person status. You are giving incorrect advice that protected people can use their home country passport to travel to countries other than their home country.
I was a protected person and I received my PR in January this year. I work for a Canadian organization in Mexico and I commute a lot between the two countries, I use my PR card and home country passport. I hope that settles the information

Reactions: Altamsh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was a protected person and I received my PR in January this year. I work for a Canadian organization in Mexico and I commute a lot between the two countries, I use my PR card and home country passport. I hope that settles the information
You may have been able to use your home country passport but that doesn’t mean you are supposed to or you won’t encounter problems when you apply for citizenship and your travel records are examined in more detail. I would recommend getting an RTD ASAP and stop using your home country passport immediately. What you are doing can result in you losing your protected person status and PR.

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/cessation-and-reavailment-could-i-lose-my-refugee-protection-and-my-permanent-residence-too/

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021
Approved refugee status, Approved PR doesn't guarantee that you are out of the wood yet, maybe it depends on what was your intention during refugee claimant! But in most cases, when you claimed that your Country of origin is not a safe place to reside and seeking protection, then soon after you received your PR you start to commute to the same Country that you claimed not to be safe for you, it is somehow misleading to many. To all the people who were refugee claimants, approved, and got their PR, PLEASE DO NOT GO TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY or USE YOUR HOME PASSPORT TO GO TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY AS A PR PERSON, YOU MIGHT FACE CONSEQUENCES WHEN APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP! it is hard but you have to be patience, some people might get lucky but some may not!

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Can anybody Please tell us about how many days IRCC is taking to give appointments to get your seized Passport back?
I Sent a Mail to the Etobicoke office last week.
And if someone can tell me how long it takes to Renew your RTD now a days?
Thanks

Jedkhan

Apr 4, 2021
You may have been able to use your home country passport but that doesn’t mean you are supposed to or you won’t encounter problems when you apply for citizenship and your travel records are examined in more detail. I would recommend getting an RTD ASAP and stop using your home country passport immediately. What you are doing can result in you losing your protected person status and PR.

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/cessation-and-reavailment-could-i-lose-my-refugee-protection-and-my-permanent-residence-too/
With all due respect, Canada is a case law system. section 95, 108, and 109 explanation on the reasons cessation are clear. However,
There is no loss of permanent residence status if refugee protection is removed because of a change in country conditions [A108(1)(e)].

Number of Days to Citizenship is not affected if working for a Canadian organization abroad