+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
I got my eCOPR sometime last August and the PR card was mailed about 10 days later. As soon as I got the eCOPR, I went to CIC Etobicoke to find out about the return of my seized passport. I found they've posted a letter on the door indicating that you must write and request for the return of passports, as they're no longer doing uninvited walkins. I wrote and asked for the return of the passport and 6 weeks later I've had no invite to go pick the passport. I know several refugee claimants who got their passports back during the PR interview, but of course now the in-person interview has been eliminated.
You can go to 6900 airport road CBSA office, they might give you more realistic approach guidelines.

Reactions: salacn

PNPapplicant89

Oct 3, 2017
I need to submit a request to Ottawa office either by mail or email. Does anyone here know to what email and mailing address i should send my request.
I need to get back my parents' birth certificates that were seized once they claimed refugee status.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Yes bro, you are right. Now it is supposed they will send it with along the PR card. If I know something I will let you know.
There are a lot of people like Naturgl in this forum, they misinform people. Maybe they are jealous because it doesn’t make sense to write something as he did. Anyways, that’s why there are more sources and good people that can inform well.
Hi, I’m also in the same situation, I got my PR card in June 2021, I sent many letters to the immigration asking for my original passport but I didn’t get it, also I tried to call them but with no hope. Did you get your passport?

Ali tag

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, Yes for sure.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Your name
UCI number:XXXXXXXX

Home address

Toronto, ON,ZIp

March 5, 2021​

Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre

6900 Airport Road, Entrance 2B

Mississauga, On, L4V1E8

RE: REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORT.

Dear Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre:

I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport as it was seized by migration office when I claimed refugee in Canada.

As you will see in the attached documents, I already withdrew my refugee claim, and I was also accepted as a permanent resident. My application was accepted as a family member of a protected person. I need my passport, as this document is the only one that I can use to travel abroad. Under the law I do not have any pending requesting, hearing or appointment; therefore, my passport should be returned.

I hope this document may be returned to my home address, or otherwise I could pick it up anywhere. You could contact me via e-mail, phone or mail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

My name and signature

;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry if there is a grammar or spelling mistake. My English is not perfect. LOL

Let me know if you have any other question.

Reagrds,
Hi, Yes for sure.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Your name
UCI number:XXXXXXXX

Home address

Toronto, ON,ZIp

March 5, 2021​

Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre

6900 Airport Road, Entrance 2B

Mississauga, On, L4V1E8

RE: REQUEST FOR RETURNING OF SEIZED PASSPORT.

Dear Sir or Madam
Greater Toronto Enforcement Centre:

I am writing this letter to request the return of my passport as it was seized by migration office when I claimed refugee in Canada.

As you will see in the attached documents, I already withdrew my refugee claim, and I was also accepted as a permanent resident. My application was accepted as a family member of a protected person. I need my passport, as this document is the only one that I can use to travel abroad. Under the law I do not have any pending requesting, hearing or appointment; therefore, my passport should be returned.

I hope this document may be returned to my home address, or otherwise I could pick it up anywhere. You could contact me via e-mail, phone or mail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

My name and signature

;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry if there is a grammar or spelling mistake. My English is not perfect. LOL

Let me know if you have any other question.

Reagrds,
Hi,
What if I am a main refugee applicant ? Can I get back my passport after I getting my PR?

thanks

Happy61

Nov 14, 2021
After I received the confirmation of my PR I went last week

To the airport road office without a previous appointment.

Then the receptionist made sure that I had the necessary papers and told me to wait outside for an hour or two. After an hour, the officer called me to enter the building then she came with some papers to sign it then i received the passports in ten minutes. She Very kind and wished me well

But what surprised me is that the passports are not handed all to one person on behalf of the family.

For adults 18 years old, they have to attend themselves.

While PR IDs, which are more important than passports, are sent by post

Reactions: salacn and Khejjy

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021

Then the receptionist made sure that I had the necessary papers and told me to wait outside for an hour or two. After an hour, the officer called me to enter the building then she came with some papers to sign it then i received the passports in ten minutes. She Very kind and wished me well

But what surprised me is that the passports are not handed all to one person on behalf of the family.

Hey bero.
First congrats for your Copr.
Which office did you claim your refugee?Mississauga?
Cause I wanna get my passport back and don’t where should I go.
Thank you.

madawc

Sep 29, 2021

congrats. what are the necessary documents? seisure form and pr card? or any other documents?

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Hello everyone, please I want to ask, I emailed CBSA requesting for my seized documents, they replied and ask me to write to IRCC Etobicoke.
My question is will they respond to my letter and if they will, like how long will I have to wait. Thanks for the response.

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
Hello everyone, please I want to ask, I emailed CBSA requesting for my seized documents, they replied and ask me to write to IRCC Etobicoke.
My question is will they respond to my letter and if they will, like how long will I have to wait. Thanks for the response.
Hi
Did you claim your refugee at Etobicoke office?
I was wondering where we claimed refugee we can get back our passport from that office.

Qusar

Oct 3, 2021
I got copr on 11 november. The problem is, I submitted my documents to IRC's Hamilton office. Do I have to go now Hamilton? By the way, do they return expired passports?

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
[/QUOTE

Hello Khejjy, I just got my passport back today. I sent a mail to this address :

IRCC.DNEastDocReturn-RetourDocEstRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

With a copy of the filled ‘application form for the return of seized identity documents, copy of the notice of seizure and copy of COPR.
You will not get a response to your mail but within a month you will get your passport back.
I hope this helps.

Reactions: Khejjy