+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Kh7

May 17, 2021
Called the Ircc Etobicoke today. They told me to send a written request by mail, no guarantees, no processing time!!

Samuelguirguis

Mar 30, 2021
So no point in writing to them? What should I send on that email? Have you tried sending to this email?
Yes i tried and they replly back ,sorry we are unable this service now ,we have to wait to open to receive our passports they're lazy, but try to send them email to push them as it general issue

Jasmin R

May 18, 2021
Hi all,
Did anyone try to request passport back from Etobicoke office by sending them a mail ,and they did sent it back? And If yes, how long did they take to send it back to you?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Personally I don't think Etobicoke office is going to reopen prior to August or September. The office is for refugee processing therefore no need to open it for walk-ins while the federal government is under emergency status. Also, collecting your Passport is not an urgent need so it makes total sense they're not going to give it back during the pandemic.

As always, remember that you cannot use your national passport for traveling or you'll face the possibility of losing your refugee status AND your PR.

Reactions: Fadros

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Yes very true I got my passport back from airport road cbsa and I second they are very good. They requested my passports from montreal and then called me to collect. I collected it today. Appreciate such services. Anyone need help feel free to ask me to explain steps to get passport back.
How to get back passport and id card from montreal ! Can u please explain the process .

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Personally I don't think Etobicoke office is going to reopen prior to August or September. The office is for refugee processing therefore no need to open it for walk-ins while the federal government is under emergency status. Also, collecting your Passport is not an urgent need so it makes total sense they're not going to give it back during the pandemic.

As always, remember that you cannot use your national passport for traveling or you'll face the possibility of losing your refugee status AND your PR.
If one can’t use your passport, what document should one use? Remember that having a PR card is not the same as a Canadian passport.

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
If one can’t use your passport, what document should one use? Remember that having a PR card is not the same as a Canadian passport.
This note is for convention refugees only, as they're entitled to get "Refugee Travel document" to travel with it instead of their national passport.

Going through your posts history, I believe that you got your PR through spousal sponsorship, therefore this rule doesn't apply to you. Your wife, on the other hand, cannot use her passport to travel. She needs to apply for RTD to travel outside Canada.

Reactions: Fadros

kaurpreet

May 1, 2019
India
AOR Received.
12-12-2018
so today i went to 6900 airport road cbsa office, a very nice and welcoming lady came out, asked my UCI and went in, after a few minutes she came out again and told me that my passport is not their and it is probably in Etobicoke office as i applied asylum in that office, then she gave me the address and the phone number and explained me when that i need to call prior i go their and make an appointment due to covid related situation.everything beside, she was very warm and nice.apparently the passports could be either in airport road office or in dundus office(Etobicoke ) which means you guys should check them both.
Me and my husband went there today & got the same response that my husband's passport is not there & the lady at the reception gave us the contact number which is just an automated message. Can you share any further information regarding how to get the passport back & whom should we contact? Thanks