+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well! My whole family’s passports and id documents were seized when we claimed refugee many years ago and now we have pr card. Is it possible to get them back and how? Please and thank you. (I looked at previous comments but got confused so I wanted to ask for myself)
Do you still have the BSF698 "Notice of Seizure of (a) Travel and/or Identity Documents" that was provided when the seizure occured? If so, you should complete the form (as mentioned above) and mail the form to the address noted in the notice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the reply, do you know how I can do this? And if I have to tell them what is the reason of me wanting it back?
In either situations as mentioned in the form, you have to demonstrate something. Please read the form first.

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
My citizenship application is currently in progress, would there be any affect if I requested the return of my passport now?

Shudndbg

May 16, 2023
i got my PR 3 months before, I file a refugee. Now i need my passport back. I heard they sent by there own. I didn't get it. I sent form my mail still no reply for that i sent an enquiry no reply. Is there someone who know how to get it back please reply. I need it urgently. I also want to know can i go directly to that office where they seized my passport.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i got my PR 3 months before, I file a refugee. Now i need my passport back. I heard they sent by there own. I didn't get it. I sent form my mail still no reply for that i sent an enquiry no reply. Is there someone who know how to get it back please reply. I need it urgently. I also want to know can i go directly to that office where they seized my passport.
You need to contact CBSA to get your passport back. They will schedule a time for you to pick it up. Just a reminder that as someone with protected person status you can’t use your home country passport and existing visas may have been cancelled because you claimed asylum. You also shouldn’t reapply for a new passport from your home country. If you are wanting to travel you need to apply for a refugee travel document (RTD) which you will use in place of a passport until you obtain Canadian citizenship.

seantimba

Dec 3, 2017
HI everyone

I am protected person in Canada and I m not yet a PR, my question is can I go and work in USA if I have a company willing to sponsor the work visa? Also if I decide to ask for my passport back from immigration what will status be? Just looking to see what my options are.

Thank you I'm Advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI everyone

I am protected person in Canada and I m not yet a PR, my question is can I go and work in USA if I have a company willing to sponsor the work visa? Also if I decide to ask for my passport back from immigration what will status be? Just looking to see what my options are.

Thank you I'm Advance
You need to wait until you are a PR to request your passport back. You need to apply for an RTD.

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
Do you still have the BSF698 "Notice of Seizure of (a) Travel and/or Identity Documents" that was provided when the seizure occured? If so, you should complete the form (as mentioned above) and mail the form to the address noted in the notice.
Which form we have to fill for getting passport back?

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
I got my national passport back from Etobicoke office after getting my pr , but office told me I can’t use my national passport for travel. So I applied for travel document, and few days I got letter from travel document office that they need my national passport for examination. Any one knows why is that? I have sent my passport to them. Any one got any similarity experience?

Belfanm

Jul 10, 2023
Hi, I was already accepted as a permanent resident. I had applied for refugee status, so refugee board has my passport, as my application was approved I was wondering when and how I will get my passport back. Do I have to ask for it? Do I have to request it? Or just they will send it to me automatically? Does anyone know about it? Thanks in advance!!
Hello everyone, my refugee claimaint was denied but I got my permanent residence under family class. I got my ecopr on July 7, 2023 ..... took my ecopr letter to CBSA airport road and told them I need my passport to be returned to me. They put my information in the system and told me to have a seat ......shortly after I was seen by a officer who only asked me for my photo ID and to to sign a document stating that my document is being returned to me and just like that I got my passport and my daughter passport with no problem..... GOD IS SO GOOD

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
I got my national passport back from Etobicoke office after getting my pr , but office told me I can’t use my national passport for travel. So I applied for travel document, and few days I got letter from travel document office that they need my national passport for examination. Any one knows why is that? I have sent my passport to them. Any one got any similarity experience?
Hey
did you got your passport back automatically or you requested ?
please reply
thank you

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Dear All Experts

I am really thank you all for making our ( all users ) life easier by making all wonderful threads of Information on different topics

I got my Passport back ( as My Passport was submitted to Etobicoke IRCC office while filing the claim )

my Time Line as follows

July 12, 2023 - around 12 Noon - Started reading Thread on Get Passport Back Spent 20-25 Min and got the essence what to do

July 12, 2023 - 2:00 pm - Reached CBCA 6900, Airport Rd, Mississauga, On , L4V 1E8 ( Gate No 93 )

July 12, 2023 - 2.35 pm - Received my Home County Passport ( in just 35 min )

Following Points may help you to get your Passport Back
( No Prior Appointment by me, No written Application by Me, No Email communication by me )
- No Question Asked by CBSA officer
- 2 Pieces of ID ( PR Card and Drivers License )
- CBSA officer taken my Signature on pre printed application BSF699

Last edited: