+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
First mailed my request letter to Etobicoke office and they sent me an email after 3 weeks that my request has been logged in and they will contact me to come and get back my passport in person.
Still I’m waiting.
Just simple White paper you write down the Request letter to them that's it not other any documents or any BSF 699 form

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi,
I have a family of family friends who became PRs last Jan (Jan2021) and haven't got their passports back. I helped them writing letter to Etobicoke as that's where they got their ECoPRs from - 4 letters in the mail so far or may be more - No response from Etobicoke.
I will probably suggest them to visit the Mississauga office to try their luck. Is there a phone # for Mississauga (Airport Rd) office and timings?

Thanks

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Which office did you claim asylum? That office is the one that you should send the request letter.
Also, I’ve heard that about the CBSA office, people go and get back their passport in person on the same day.
what if you claim in a road border from a different province...like claiming in roxham road quebec but you now live in winnipeg

May 24, 2022
slt , j,etais demnadeur d,asile deja recu ma carte de residence permanent ca fait deja quelque moi .mais, j,ai toujours pas recu mes documents comment je peut les recupere

Mahmood ali

Jan 27, 2022
Can anyone help I need to get my passport my father has been hospitalized I need to go but no to the country where I claim refugee from iam
Going to different country I have tried every step reached out everywhere Like CBSA and Etobicoke office as well but my passport is with Etobicoke office but they are. Not responding on it can anyone help me or guide me

Reactions: Qasim Zaib

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
So it turns out, if you've claimed assylum via Airport/Land border, CBSA has your passports and local CBSA office can be contacted to retrieve the passports. Any inland assylum claims, offices like Etobicoke will have the passports and need be contacted.

LuisZaSa

Mar 21, 2022
Hello! I have a question, I hope someone can help me.

So, years ago, I asked for refugee inland and they took my passport, then to finish my process to immigration I withdraw my case as a refugee, I got my PR with the caregiver program, anyway, I never have a hearing so I never get my passport back, I want to know what do I need to do to get my passport back, I need it to get a new passport in my consul, I have my PR card, I have everything but I never get my passport back, someone has any idea of what to do

LuisZaSa

Mar 21, 2022
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf699-eng.pdf

If you don’t ask for it, they don’t return it. It’s assumed as a refugee that you no longer want, nor will you use it as it affords you the protection of your home country if you do (which is contrary to the whole refugee process).
Because if you want to travel outside of Canada you need a passport, as a permanent residence you do not have access to a canadian passport, you need the passport of your country to do it, many consul and embassy required your old passport to get you a new one.