+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Hi,
I have been waiting 10 months to receive my seized passport me and my sons from IRCC Etobicoke but till now no reply from them. I sent a mail and email and nothing. I am really frustrated from ignoring people requests. Please advise what can I do?

Note: my husband is the main applicant and we filed our asylum in toronto airport so logically to receive our passports from CBSA and this what happened with my husband, he got his passport but us with IRCC Etobicoke. Don’t know why this happened and how we can reach to anyone there.
Is there anyone who faced the same problem?

Reactions: Qasim Zaib

Manvir97

Aug 13, 2021
Hi , My husband has filed refugee claim and it was failed and now he filed federal court appeal. we got married in April 2022 and I filed spousal sponsorship for him . His passport with refugee board is expired. when and how he will get his passport back from refugee board? Should we wait until he get his decision on spousal sponsorship?

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
Hi , My husband has filed refugee claim and it was failed and now he filed federal court appeal. we got married in April 2022 and I filed spousal sponsorship for him . His passport with refugee board is expired. when and how he will get his passport back from refugee board? Should we wait until he get his decision on spousal sponsorship?
He should write and request letter to IRCC then they will contact with him regarding his passport back thanks

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
Can anybody Please tell us about how many days IRCC is taking to give appointments to get your seized Passport back?
I Sent a Mail to the Etobicoke office last week.
And if someone can tell me how long it takes to Renew your RTD now a days?
Thanks
Hi, just to follow up, did you get your passport back, if so how long did it take?

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
Update:
Hello everyone.
Sharing my experience and right information.
I read comments on this thread and went to CBSA at airport road.
While inquiring they said:
1... If you have claimed refugee at any border or airport, your passports are seized and held by CBSA which you can request and get it from
CBSA Office:
6900 Airport Rd #93, Mississauga
2... If you have filed your refugee application inland like in Etobicoke office or any IRCC office within Canada, then you will have to write a letter to IRCC office where you submitted your application and they will arrange your passport return. and that is lengthy process.

There is not any 3rd option.

I know its time consuming, hectic process but that's the process. I am also following this and wrote a letter to get my ID back.
Hope this updated and correct information will help you.
hi,

just to follow up, did you get your passport back and how long did it take ? thanks

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi, I was already accepted as a permanent resident. I had applied for refugee status, so refugee board has my passport, as my application was approved I was wondering when and how I will get my passport back. Do I have to ask for it? Do I have to request it? Or just they will send it to me automatically? Does anyone know about it? Thanks in advance!!
They don’t give passport back u need to apply RTD refugee travel document because you can’t fly to your home country even after get permanent resident.

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
you will get your passport back the the day you become a landed immigrant (permanent resident).
The officer will return your passport to you as well as any other document that was taking or seized from your when you entered Canada.
They don’t give passport your need to apply RTD.

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
First mailed my request letter to Etobicoke office and they sent me an email after 3 weeks that my request has been logged in and they will contact me to come and get back my passport in person.
Still I’m waiting.
Now you got you're passport back

luisab1993

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hello guys, I'm hoping someone can help me with some clarification.

1. I applied via Express Entry on the CEC pathway (sep 2021) I added my common-law partner to my application (at the time he was a refugee claimant and made his claim in 2020)
2. In April 2021 he had his refugee audience where he got his claim approved.
3. Last week I got the Confirmation Portal for our PR.
4. I've sent the email back and waiting for eCOPR
4. We had planned a vacation to the US and I'm wondering if he can ask for his passport back and travel on August and come back to Canada using our new PRs.

Can anybody help me? I've been given a lot of different feedback regarding this.

neim

May 9, 2022
Hi everyone
I got my ecopr months ago, was wondering if anyone here is from Winnipeg? I need to get my passport back any advice on how or where to start ?

Thanks
Update: I didn’t do anything but yesterday received an email telling me to pick up all my seized documents on 8th July